January 31, 2013, 5:13 PM — Here's how you can download the Walgreens app free for Android devices.
1. Go to the Google Play page for the free app Walgreens.
2. Tap the Install button.
Here's a description of Walgreens:
"REWARDS PROGRAM FEATURES
• Introducing Balance™ Rewards from Walgreens
• Save, earn, redeem, in store and online
• Get exclusive pricing as a member
• Refill by Scan* - Simply scan the barcode on your prescription bottle for instant refills
• Transfer Prescription by Scan – Scan your current Rx bottle and transfer to your local Walgreens
• Refill Reminders – Sign up to get Rx Text Alerts to know when it’s time to refill your prescriptions
• QuickPrints – Choose pictures from your phone’s albums to print and pick up at your local Walgreens in about an hour—no log-in or account required
• Print from Facebook – Select photos from your Facebook albums to print and pick up at your local Walgreens in about an hour
• PrintWorthy™ – Create and print a PrintWorthy™ card using a photo from your Facebook albums with likes and comments
• Photo Editing – Edit your photos using filters and a variety of editing tools
• Coupons & Offers - Access multiple exclusive mobile offers with the Mobile Coupons feature and view local weekly offers in our Weekly Ad
• In Store Maps – Use your Shopping List to map and find items on a Walgreens store map, coupons are now displayed on the map with a pin or banner ad
• Holiday Gift Guide – Creative gift ideas for everyone on your list
• Local Shopping – Set your preferred store and search your store’s product catalog
• Barcode and QR Code Scanner - Learn more about our products by scanning product barcodes or QR codes from our paper Weekly Ads"