February 13, 2013, 5:12 PM — Here's how you can download the Dictionary - Merriam-Webster app free for Android devices.
1. Go to the Google Play page for the free app Dictionary - Merriam-Webster.
2. Tap the Install button.
Here's a description of Dictionary - Merriam-Webster:
"In addition to all the definitions from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, this app offers voice search – to let you look up a word without having to spell it – along with synonyms, antonyms, example sentences, Word of the Day, and more. It’s a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* For Phones: Reader View - lets you hide navigation buttons to see text in full screen
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up"