February 21, 2013, 1:15 PM — Here's how you can download the Shazam app free for your iPad, iPhone, iPad mini or iPod Touch.
1. Go to the Shazam app preview page in iTunes (or tap the link on your iOS device to install the app directly).
2. Click the View in iTunes button.
3. Click the Free button to download the app.
4. Sync your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad mini with iTunes to install the app.
Here's a description and screenshot:
"Unlimited, lightning-fast tagging. Optimized for the new iPhone 5 and iPod touch.
Music - Identify songs in as little as 1 second, preview or buy the track, get streaming lyrics, YouTube videos and more.
TV - US fans, tag TV shows ANYTIME for music, celebrity buzz, trivia and more. Every channel. Every show.
Download and experience the 9th most downloaded app of all time.
You can also:
○ Tag any song to instantly watch the music video at YouTube
○ Save & listen again (30 sec preview)
○ Buy tracks easily on iTunes & find more by tagged artists
○ When you see the Shazam prompt on TV, tag for extra content
○ Share on Facebook, Twitter & email
○ See streaming lyrics in time to the music
○ Discover new music in Shazam Friends & Charts
○ See when an artist is touring
○ Watch music videos & concerts from YouTube
○ Tag without Coverage"