December 06, 2013, 3:51 PM — Here's how you can force restart your Android phone.
1. If the battery is removable, take it out for at least a few seconds.
2. Put the battery back in, put the cover on and turn your Android phone on.
Some Android devices will also allow this method:
1. Hold the Sleep/Power button and hold the Volume button down at the same time.
2. Hold this combination of buttons until the Android phone's screen goes blank.
3. Hold the Sleep/Power button until your phone restarts.
This doesn't work with all Android phones, however. Some require a different combination of buttons to be held at the same time. Check with your manufacturer's site or documentation to find the correct combination of buttons.
Read more: Android Pit