- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- The round, led by Andreessen Horowitz, is quite a bit larger than typical recent IaaS investments
1 day 17 hours ago
- The three giants made moves to court government users, in hopes of securing a piece of a potentially huge market
1 day 21 hours ago
- With only around 200 big production OpenStack clouds in the world, Mirantis and IBM spin up 75,000 virtual servers in eight hours to show what OpenStack is capable of.
1 week 22 hours ago
- In a surprise move, Rackspace, HP and ActiveState all say they are supporting a new Pivotal effort to create an open governance model for Cloud Foundry
1 week 3 days ago
- Some of them might surprise you
2 weeks 20 hours ago
- Verizon is clearly saying that it welcomes independent PaaS providers and that it won't compete with them. That's a different strategy from what we see from other cloud providers.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- The provider of a live blogging platform and other services says OpEx is down 35 percent due to the switch to AWS and that it couldn't scale the way it needs to if it stuck with dedicated servers.
3 weeks 18 hours ago
- In a deal with Google, VMware plans to bring desktop as a service to Chromebooks
3 weeks 1 day ago
- A TV and film production company is offering a new hybrid service, already used by ABC's Mistresses and TNT's Perception, that enables a much more efficient and collaborative production process.
4 weeks 19 hours ago
- A new service from Concurrent, in beta for now, can help developers easily pinpoint problems that are slowing down Hadoop projects
4 weeks 3 days ago
- With few new big-name customers to cite and a lack of offerings that many businesses want, OpenStack is still struggling to go mainstream in the enterprise
5 weeks 23 hours ago
- Cloudyn is adding support for Google Compute Engine so customers will be able to compare cost and performance of a particular workload on both cloud services.
5 weeks 3 days ago
- A job ad indicates GoDaddy plans to adopt OpenStack
6 weeks 1 day ago
- PayPal's CTO James Barrese said the company, which is well-known for its private cloud implementation, expects to start using the public cloud.
6 weeks 3 days ago
- Microsoft Research announced 45 recipients of a new program that awards free Azure usage for scientific and academic research projects.
7 weeks 18 hours ago
- Gartner's report on the PaaS market lists the customer count for some service providers. Turns out, some of the biggest enterprise software vendors have very, very few users while some upstarts are faring better.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- It appears that good planning prevented any significant interruptions to data center operations during the deep freeze this week
8 weeks 19 hours ago
- One of the leading voices in cloud computing, Adrian Cockcroft has left Netflix for a Technology Fellow position with Battery Ventures.
8 weeks 2 days ago
- I recently started using a new phone and looked into several options for automatic photo upload. Here's what I learned.
10 weeks 6 days ago
- The recent renewed interest in PaaS stems from the emergence of private options that customers want, experts say
11 weeks 23 hours ago
- Microsoft is able to scale up much quicker than it used to when tackling botnets and other malware, thanks to Azure.
11 weeks 1 day ago
- Cisco is the latest to make an announcement in the market, offering a new desktop-as-a-service platform for service providers
11 weeks 3 days ago
- Both startups and traditional vendors offer access management as a service.
12 weeks 1 day ago
- Two reports out this week show just how insane cloud pricing has become
12 weeks 1 day ago
- Oracle dipped its toe in the OpenStack world earlier this year but is now pledging much broader support
12 weeks 2 days ago
- 1 of 7
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.