- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- As more companies store data in the cloud, they're increasingly crunching the numbers there, too.
1 week 5 days ago
- Rumor has it that Microsoft is adding a virtual desktop feature to Windows to let users create separate desktops for different tasks.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- It's not just about collecting mounds of data anymore, but analyzing it to make smart decisions.
11 weeks 5 days ago
- Today's tools are a lot like yesterday's in some respects, except they add features for cloud, social, Web and mobile. They're also a whole lot easier to use.
20 weeks 3 days ago
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella held a press conference to unveil new products but also to sketch out his vision for the future of the company. Cloud and mobile, he said, are inextricably combined.
22 weeks 3 days ago
- Emergence Capital, a venture capital firm, thinks that very targeted SaaS services an be successful. Such services could be a boon for business users.
23 weeks 21 hours ago
- Outbrain uses more than five monitoring tools to make sure its operation runs smoothly
23 weeks 4 days ago
- Developers might find use for new types of data available in New Relic Insights, but marketing and other business users might also find use for the data.
23 weeks 5 days ago
- The company says "PaaS" is too confusing, given the variety of platforms out there. So it's going with "cloud application management platform."
24 weeks 4 days ago
- The chief data officer title got popular for a brief time over a decade ago. It's back, but this time with a different job description.
24 weeks 5 days ago
- The round, led by Andreessen Horowitz, is quite a bit larger than typical recent IaaS investments
25 weeks 4 days ago
- The three giants made moves to court government users, in hopes of securing a piece of a potentially huge market
25 weeks 4 days ago
- With only around 200 big production OpenStack clouds in the world, Mirantis and IBM spin up 75,000 virtual servers in eight hours to show what OpenStack is capable of.
26 weeks 3 days ago
- In a surprise move, Rackspace, HP and ActiveState all say they are supporting a new Pivotal effort to create an open governance model for Cloud Foundry
26 weeks 6 days ago
- Some of them might surprise you
27 weeks 3 days ago
- Verizon is clearly saying that it welcomes independent PaaS providers and that it won't compete with them. That's a different strategy from what we see from other cloud providers.
27 weeks 5 days ago
- The provider of a live blogging platform and other services says OpEx is down 35 percent due to the switch to AWS and that it couldn't scale the way it needs to if it stuck with dedicated servers.
28 weeks 3 days ago
- In a deal with Google, VMware plans to bring desktop as a service to Chromebooks
28 weeks 4 days ago
- A TV and film production company is offering a new hybrid service, already used by ABC's Mistresses and TNT's Perception, that enables a much more efficient and collaborative production process.
29 weeks 3 days ago
- A new service from Concurrent, in beta for now, can help developers easily pinpoint problems that are slowing down Hadoop projects
29 weeks 6 days ago
- With few new big-name customers to cite and a lack of offerings that many businesses want, OpenStack is still struggling to go mainstream in the enterprise
30 weeks 3 days ago
- Cloudyn is adding support for Google Compute Engine so customers will be able to compare cost and performance of a particular workload on both cloud services.
30 weeks 6 days ago
- A job ad indicates GoDaddy plans to adopt OpenStack
31 weeks 4 days ago
- PayPal's CTO James Barrese said the company, which is well-known for its private cloud implementation, expects to start using the public cloud.
31 weeks 6 days ago
- Microsoft Research announced 45 recipients of a new program that awards free Azure usage for scientific and academic research projects.
32 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 7
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.