- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- Scientists hope to crowdsource barometric data so that they can do a better job at predicting the weather.
1 week 1 day ago
- Auth0, a provider of identity services that developers can build into their apps, scored a $2.4 million investment.
1 week 6 days ago
- Just a couple days after Microsoft began rolling out Delve, its new enterprise social offering, some people are worried and confused about potential privacy implications.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- CloudBees is shutting down its PaaS but will continue to offer products around Jenkins.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- Data analysis software vendor Tableau is developing a new iPad app that might solve one of the problems the company faces with expanding its reach.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- CIOs are finding a middle ground between dictating what kinds of technologies to allow and letting workers use anything.
3 weeks 4 days ago
- iOS 8 could be in the hands of users soon. Here are the top four new capabilities and the challenges they present.
4 weeks 3 days ago
- Salesforce this morning updated its Community Cloud product, which lets businesses set up online social communities for employees, customers, or partners. The updates include letting users set up profile pages that Salesforce compares to LinkedIn's and a closer integration with Salesforce's CRM product.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- ComScore found that six brands -- Facebook, Google, Apple, Yahoo, Amazon, and eBay -- built nine of the top ten mobile apps.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- As more companies store data in the cloud, they're increasingly crunching the numbers there, too.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Rumor has it that Microsoft is adding a virtual desktop feature to Windows to let users create separate desktops for different tasks.
6 weeks 6 days ago
- It's not just about collecting mounds of data anymore, but analyzing it to make smart decisions.
15 weeks 6 days ago
- Today's tools are a lot like yesterday's in some respects, except they add features for cloud, social, Web and mobile. They're also a whole lot easier to use.
24 weeks 5 days ago
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella held a press conference to unveil new products but also to sketch out his vision for the future of the company. Cloud and mobile, he said, are inextricably combined.
26 weeks 5 days ago
- Emergence Capital, a venture capital firm, thinks that very targeted SaaS services an be successful. Such services could be a boon for business users.
27 weeks 2 days ago
- Outbrain uses more than five monitoring tools to make sure its operation runs smoothly
27 weeks 6 days ago
- Developers might find use for new types of data available in New Relic Insights, but marketing and other business users might also find use for the data.
27 weeks 6 days ago
- The company says "PaaS" is too confusing, given the variety of platforms out there. So it's going with "cloud application management platform."
28 weeks 5 days ago
- The chief data officer title got popular for a brief time over a decade ago. It's back, but this time with a different job description.
28 weeks 6 days ago
- The round, led by Andreessen Horowitz, is quite a bit larger than typical recent IaaS investments
29 weeks 5 days ago
- The three giants made moves to court government users, in hopes of securing a piece of a potentially huge market
29 weeks 6 days ago
- With only around 200 big production OpenStack clouds in the world, Mirantis and IBM spin up 75,000 virtual servers in eight hours to show what OpenStack is capable of.
30 weeks 5 days ago
- In a surprise move, Rackspace, HP and ActiveState all say they are supporting a new Pivotal effort to create an open governance model for Cloud Foundry
31 weeks 19 hours ago
- Some of them might surprise you
31 weeks 5 days ago
- Verizon is clearly saying that it welcomes independent PaaS providers and that it won't compete with them. That's a different strategy from what we see from other cloud providers.
32 weeks 30 min ago
- 1 of 7
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.