- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- I recently started using a new phone and looked into several options for automatic photo upload. Here's what I learned.
17 weeks 2 days ago
- The recent renewed interest in PaaS stems from the emergence of private options that customers want, experts say
17 weeks 3 days ago
- Microsoft is able to scale up much quicker than it used to when tackling botnets and other malware, thanks to Azure.
17 weeks 4 days ago
- Cisco is the latest to make an announcement in the market, offering a new desktop-as-a-service platform for service providers
17 weeks 5 days ago
- Both startups and traditional vendors offer access management as a service.
18 weeks 3 days ago
- Two reports out this week show just how insane cloud pricing has become
18 weeks 4 days ago
- Oracle dipped its toe in the OpenStack world earlier this year but is now pledging much broader support
18 weeks 5 days ago
- After a year and a half of limited availability, Google is now offering its Compute Engine service to anyone. Get ready to see new competition push the market forward.
19 weeks 5 days ago
- Nancy Gohring wrote Red Hat updates private OpenShift but muddy PaaS market might keep customers awayThere's so much uncertainty around the PaaS market in the OpenStack community that many businesses may decide to wait before jumping in
19 weeks 5 days ago
- At its AWS re:Invent conference, AWS said it's working hard to enable hybrid clouds, although it thinks that only a very small percentage of companies will ultimately have them.
22 weeks 3 days ago
- There's a subtle shift in the tools available to IT administrators, allowing them to help more people throughout a business use the cloud. In the past, IT more often chastised people for spinning up Amazon servers.
22 weeks 4 days ago
- It comes out just as interest in PaaS really heats up
22 weeks 5 days ago
- Cloud-based data visualization tools are hot right now. Here are the companies to keep an eye on.
23 weeks 3 days ago
- Even though Mirantis has scorned VMware in the past and VMware continues to disparage OpenStack, the two are teaming up.
23 weeks 4 days ago
- At the OpenStack Summit, Canonical's founder said the company is working with Pivotal on making Cloud Foundry run "absolutely fantastic" on OpenStack
23 weeks 5 days ago
- Rackspace is rolling out a new, high-perfomance cloud service but wasn't quite ready to buy servers based on the Open Compute Project
23 weeks 6 days ago
- A statement from Terremark indicates the site isn't benefiting from true cloud advantages
24 weeks 3 days ago
- A group of heavy hitters in the OpenStack community have launched project Solum, which some experts say sounds like a direct competitor to PaaS offerings like Cloud Foundry
25 weeks 3 days ago
- A host of new features make it easier for you to start using Azure, even in a relatively small way initially.
25 weeks 4 days ago
- Combined with Havana -- the latest version of OpenStack released today -- forthcoming rules around interoperability could make OpenStack more attractive to enterprise users
26 weeks 3 days ago
- With the entrance of Salesforce's Identity service this week, more focus is likely on the crowded but young cloud identity and access management space
26 weeks 4 days ago
- You have to wonder why Amazon, which most people believe serves primarily startups, needs a program to help new businesses start using Amazon Web Services
27 weeks 3 days ago
- An analyst wonders if Google Compute Engine will follow Google Reader to the graveyard. But the search giant is less likely to shut down GCE than most of its other cancelled services.
27 weeks 4 days ago
- Verizon is launching compute and storage cloud offerings that will let users sign up online
28 weeks 3 days ago
- Many cloud providers have touted their abilities to serve federal agencies. But federal contracts might not seem like such a good deal during the shutdown.
28 weeks 4 days ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.