- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- What do I need to do in order to connect a Windows 8 laptop to a hidden WiFi network?
2 days 19 hours ago
- So, what is the most important product just announced by Apple. The iPhone is clearly a very important and profitable product, but the Apple Watch could be a product that exceeds expectations in the same way the iPad did upon launch. Over time, is the Apple Watch going to be as central to the Apple experience as the iPhone?
1 week 18 hours ago
- nbetolli asks Will Verizon’s $7.4 million fine be enough to stop companies from using personal info for marketing?Verizon got hit with a $7.4 million dollar fine by the FCC for failing to tell customers that they could “opt out” of having the company use their personal information for marketing purposes. Will this persuade companies to respect their customers’ privacy, or will they keep on doing this kind of thing anyway?
2 weeks 1 day ago
- What do the different numbers mean in a surround sound system?
19 weeks 1 day ago
- There is a lot of talk about the FCC and net neutrality lately, but they skip over what it really is. Precisely what do they mean by the term net neutrality?
19 weeks 3 days ago
- How can I backup my Gmail e-mails just in case something were to happen to my Gmail account?
43 weeks 1 day ago
- Just to be clear, no one asked for a password. I have my Facebook and Google+ settings to ensure maximum privacy, so that anyone looking for me on either actually can have a hard time even finding me. The interviewer expressed concern that they weren't getting the "whole picture" because my privacy settings wouldn't let them see the "real" me.
1 year 18 weeks ago
- I'm relatively new to Macs, so maybe this is obvious to seasoned Mac users, but I don't really understand the difference between AppleScript and Automator. They both let you automate those tasks that you perform regularly, right? When would you use one over the other?
1 year 33 weeks ago
- I got a new Mac for Christmas, and I can use the Bluetooth for an internet connection for other devices. I have the Mac set up in my living room, where I spend most of my time at home. Is there any reason I shouldn't just use this instead of my WiFi for things like my iPhone or to provide access for visitors?
1 year 37 weeks ago
- I agree with johanaparker and think the 10" is probably the best overall size, but that's not entirely without a caveat or two. The 10" is better for most things, but I don't really like reading in bed with it as much as a smaller tablet.
1 year 43 weeks ago
1 year 47 weeks ago
- I've been using Prezi for a month or so. Yeah, as usual I am a little late to the party, but better late than never. I have the free version, and can only use it when I am online. Is there a way to use Prezi when I don't have an internet connection?
2 years 2 weeks ago
2 years 2 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.