February 06, 2012, 10:14 AM — My 4-year-old son summed up the Super Bowl ads quite nicely yesterday when he said, "These commercials are all weird."
Yep, it's another Monday-after-the-Super-Bowl, and countless media sites have nothing better to do than to do their annual "What was the best Super Bowl ad?" article. So yeah, we're doing one too.
But if you've been following the blog here, you probably already saw a majority of the ads, because most of the advertisers either pre-released their ads or released "teaser" ads that showed most of the good stuff in advance. There was very little surprising during the game.
I've also already received lists from various groups, proclaiming their take on the "funniest," "cutest", "most nostalgic", etc. For example, here's the pitch from Hulu, which not only ran its own ad, but also ran its own voting with its "Hulu AdZone":
Overall Most Liked Ads
1. Volkswagen: The Bark Side Teaser
2. Honda: Matthew's Day Off - Extended
3. Volkswagen: The Dog Strikes Back
4. Skechers: GOrun Mr. Quiggly
5. Dannon Oikos: The Tease
6. Chevrolet: 2012
7. M&M's: It's That Kind of Party
8. Audi: Vampire Party
9. E*Trade: Fatherhood
10. Acura: Transactions - Extended
Best Celebrity Cameo
1. Will Arnett – Hulu Plus: Huluboratory Extra Mushy Edition
2. Matthew Broderick – Honda: Matthew’s Day Off Extended