- Dramatically reduces network latency and data traffic over WAN links
- Adds UDP to the traffic streams that can be optimized
- On-the-fly video stream splitting eliminates redundant video sessions over the WAN
- Optimizes SSL-encrypted Citrix ICA sessions and client-side drive mapping
- Supports IPv6 networking and Kerberos authentication
- Optimizing Remote Desktop Services traffic requires compression and encryption to be disabled
- No optimization (yet) for VMware's PCoIP
This article, "Review: Riverbed closes the WAN gap," was originally published at InfoWorld.com. Follow the latest developments in networking at InfoWorld.com. For the latest business technology news, follow InfoWorld.com on Twitter.
Read more about networking in InfoWorld's Networking Channel.