6. Infinera Corp. revenues for the third quarter were $83.4 million, compared to $68.9 million for the second quarter this year, a 21% increase. The Sunnyvale, Calif.-based company makes digital optical networking systems sold to carriers and said its results demonstrated that customers are investing again.
7. Splunk Inc., a privately held company in San Franciscisco that produces a tool for searching, analyzing and troubleshooting IT infrastructure, said its year through third quarter revenue was $26.6 million, compared to $13.1 for the same three quarters last year.
8. Apple Computer Inc. sold 3.05 million Macs during the third quarter, a 17% increase over the year-ago quarter, evidence that for consumers, some things are indispensible.
9. Mellanox Technologies, Ltd., a company based in Sunnyvale, Calif. and Yokneam, Israel, reported $32.7 million in third quarter revenue this month, a 29% increase over its second quarter revenue of $25.3 million. It makes InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity products.
10. Intel Corp. is a good company to end this list because its outlook on chips, with third quarter revenue of $9.4 billion, was up $1.4 billion from the prior quarter, and IT spending helped set the stage for an improving outlook. It sees "momentum."