- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Nick Barber is an online video producer at IDG News Service.
Areas of Interest:
- Amazon's ambitious plan to use flying drones to deliver packages is far-fetched, but not just because of technology limitations or air traffic regulations. Amazon's fulfillment center network, as it stands now, is too limited to serve even a tiny fraction of the U.S. in the method described by CEO Jeff Bezos.
4 days 12 hours ago
- A new air defense system successfully targeted, tracked and destroyed two targets from opposite directions, something not typical of other systems.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- Using simple radio signals, MIT researchers can pinpoint someone's location -- through a wall -- with near exact precision.
8 weeks 2 days ago
- Researchers at MIT are working on creating a new kind of wireless charging network and one that can expand offering much more opportunities than the networks available today
8 weeks 3 days ago
- Toyota added a new concept electric vehicle to its Hamo car sharing project, which lets users rent electric cars by the minute.
9 weeks 3 days ago
- Pioneer updated its line of HUDs (heads-up displays), and it hopes the in-car gadgets will help keep drivers' eyes on the road instead of on a GPS device or other electronics.
9 weeks 5 days ago
- Building a computer is a great way to get a custom configuration, save some money and have fun. In a how-to video, we'll show you how to build one in less than two minutes.
10 weeks 4 days ago
- With millions of dollars of gadgets on display, the temptation to steal from some of the world's largest electronics trade show can prove too strong for some.
13 weeks 10 hours ago
- The 3Doodler, a sort of handheld 3D modeler, made its public debut at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin this week after racking up thousands of preorders as part of a Kickstarter program.
13 weeks 18 hours ago
- Nintendo cut the price on its flagship game console and introduced a portable system Wednesday, hoping to spur sales and better position itself for the year-end holiday season.
14 weeks 4 days ago
- NASA has released an animation of an ambitious project that includes capturing a near-Earth asteroid and sending astronauts into space to study it.
14 weeks 5 days ago
- Watching a YouTube video typically requires an Internet connection, but with a little preparation the videos can be saved for later offline viewing.
15 weeks 2 days ago
- A New Hampshire design firm is using its expertise in 3D modeling and music in a new business making custom wood guitars.
20 weeks 5 days ago
- Running late for a meet up with friends or an appointment? Share a location securely and for a limited time period with smartphone application Glympse. It's a free download for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry.
21 weeks 2 days ago
- Google Earth users can do more than just fly around a virtual globe. The free mapping application can display real-time weather, help compose photographs and measure distances much more easily than its Maps cousin.
23 weeks 6 days ago
- A company that specializes in Google apps is developing a series of enterprise applications for Google Glass that should be available late this year or early 2014.
24 weeks 4 days ago
- A series of blunders by Microsoft has paved the way for Sony's PlayStation 4 console to capture the top spot in year-end holiday sales.
25 weeks 3 days ago
- Targeting gaming and multimedia enthusiasts, AMD announced a 5GHz processor at E3 in Los Angeles.
25 weeks 5 days ago
- Sony's PlayStation 4 will go on sale the U.S. and Europe in time for the year-end holiday season and cost US$399, the company announced Monday at its E3 press briefing in Los Angeles.
25 weeks 5 days ago
- Microsoft announced that Xbox One will go on sale in 21 markets this November for US$499.
25 weeks 6 days ago
- Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
28 weeks 4 days ago
- Searching Google is a quick way to find information, but more advanced functions can help users find more helpful information faster.
29 weeks 4 days ago
- The Kinect Wheels offers wheelchair control of popular motion games.
30 weeks 6 days ago
- A research project on show at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Paris uses a small electrical current to give the sensation of force feedback while gaming.
31 weeks 4 days ago
- The IllumiRoom project from Microsoft Research turns a living room into a video game with projected images that extend and complement the main television screen. The realistic effect, if commercialized, could propel Microsoft's gaming business far beyond its competition.
31 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 4
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.