Be aware of the dangers of shoveling is a sotto voce warning of a more specific risk; Medical: Snow removal raises risks for shovelers is more direct, backing up its warning with news that winter sports injure 500,000 Americans per year and shoveling specifically injures 26,000, resulting in 11,500 medical emergencies annually.
Shoveling is not for weak of heart attempts to (ahem) dishearten us about our ability to deal with the problem; Shoveling snow can cause a heart attack, the American Heart Association warns drives home the point and backs it up with medical expertise.
Fourth, tips on how to not die quite as badly as you would without our advice:
- Keep Yourself Safe When Shoveling Snow
- 7 ways to prevent heart attack, cardiac arrest or stroke while shoveling snow
- Prevent injury and heart strain while shoveling or walking in the snow
- Tips for easing the strain of snow shoveling
- Health care professionals share tips to keep you safe this winter
- Snow Shoveling Techniques to Prevent Low Back Injuries
Fifth: offer tips on what shovels will make shoveling easier: