- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: May 2013
Areas of Interest:
- I still play my Wii from time to time, and I was not pleased to learn that Nintendo was shutting down it’s online gaming, leaderboards, matchmaking, etc. It has been less than a year and a half since the Wii U was released and you can still buy a new Wii.
1 week 3 days ago
- Using wordpress.org means that you either have to have a web server or lease one. So while in some ways that is a disadvantage, it means that you can do much more. For example, you can make changes to the code if you are familiar with PHP and MySQL, and you can use plugins and use and create your own custom themes.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- Are there any “rules of thumb” to follow that will help make a website more attractive to visitors? Some things are obvious, such as avoid clutter and difficult to read fonts. Anything else that would help improve a website and make it more attractive to visitors?
4 weeks 4 days ago
- Anyone know how to access “God Mode” in Windows 7? I’d like to see what it allows me to do, and since my laptop is due for a replacement soon, I’m not too worried about messing it up.
6 weeks 4 days ago
9 weeks 1 day ago
- I don’t believe that Apple has issued any official statement about the end of ipad 2 production, but it has been speculated to be in the cards since 2012.
9 weeks 1 day ago
- Yes, you can send money over Gmail. You have to establish a Google Wallet account, but then it is pretty straightforward. The recipient also has to verify their identity with Google before they can receive money. I would love to know how much this service gets used.
9 weeks 2 days ago
- How can I figure out if a Macbook Pro supports BlueTooth 4.0? It's a 13" from 2011, which is right around the time they started to ship with Bluetooth 4.0.
9 weeks 6 days ago
- With the PS3, at least the US PS3, almost all games are region free. I actually think there is only one that is region locked - Persona 4 Arena. I think it depends on the publisher. They have the ability to region lock if they want to.
22 weeks 1 day ago
- It will limit the amount of photos/music/etc you can store, but since most (if not all) of the applications are cloud based, you don’t really need significant onboard storage space. Think about your tablet and smartphone.
22 weeks 1 day ago
- I have Swype on my current Android phone, but have never really used it. Actually, I’ve had it on my last two Android phones, but I always just stuck with the standard keyboard. At lunch today, the person I was with responded to an email using Swype, and I was pretty impressed at how quickly he was able to “type”.
23 weeks 6 days ago
- What do I need to do differently that what I do for Google for SEO with Bing and other search engines?
25 weeks 2 days ago
- PapaRiver answers Re: Will Apple making Mac OS X Maverick available for free force Microsoft to do the same with Windows?Unlikely. Windows is a huge cash cow for Microsoft, and unlike Apple, they are not really a hardware company (with the exception of Surface Tablets and XBox). Apple has already gotten the user to pay a premium price for hardware, and this makes that hardware even more attractive, so it makes sense for Apple.
25 weeks 4 days ago
- I always use incognito mode online, which means I open my Chrome browser, then ctrl+shift+n to open a new incognito window. Is there a way to make Chrome start in incognito mode automatically?
25 weeks 5 days ago
- The Nokia 1020 has a 41 megapixel sensor (!), which is more than many “professional” DSLR cameras. Have personal smartphone cameras reached the point where they can actually take professional level photographs?
28 weeks 6 days ago
- According to a blog post by a Chrome security engineer, Google plans to eliminate most NPAPI plugins for Chrome by January 2014. That’s obviously pretty soon.
30 weeks 13 hours ago
- Is there a way to work with Google Docs when you don’t have an internet connection?
31 weeks 5 days ago
- PapaRiver answers Re: What’s the difference between Google+ Local Business Page and Google Places for Business?One thing that is useful with Google Places for Business is that your listing will show up on Google Maps,
32 weeks 19 hours ago
- PapaRiver asks Which would be easier to transition to from Microsoft Office; OpenOffice or LibreOffice?I’ve been considering switching from MS Office to either LibreOffice or OpenOffice. Are there any major advantage to one of those over the other for someone transitioning from Office?
32 weeks 6 days ago
- Can Microsoft Access files be used with OpenOffice? If so, how do I go about it?
33 weeks 4 days ago
- Migration Assistant usually works fine, but if you have problems with it, you can also try a Time Machine backup, then physically connect the old HDD to the new machine and use Migration Assistant with the backup.
34 weeks 1 day ago
- Here is an article that might give you some guidance. Hope it helps. http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2285550/How-to-Measure-SEO-Success
35 weeks 1 day ago
- Apparently, Google’s main complaints are that the Windows Phone YouTube app isn’t serving up the proper ads when viewing content and Microsoft not utilizing HTML5. Microsoft calls these “invented reasons.” Not sure who is in the right in this case. Is there any reason why Windows Phone users can’t just view YouTube through their browser?
35 weeks 4 days ago
- Two questions, really - how do you calibrate a laptop battery, and does it actually do anything to help extend life of improve performance?
35 weeks 5 days ago
- The President of Lavabit, the email provider used by NSA leaker Edward Snowden, suddenly shut down it’s services and issued a statement that said: “without congressional action or a strong judicial precedent, I would _strongly_ recommend against anyone trusting their private data to a company with physical ties to the United States.” Is he right
36 weeks 4 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.