- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2009
Peter Smith writes about personal technology for ITworld.
Areas of Interest:
- Today's the day Microsoft wows us (I hope) with it's next generation Xbox. So how does Sony combat that? With an ineffectual teaser that comes across as just sad...
1 day 13 hours ago
- Ouya gets $15 million in funding, delays launch and improves their controller. Meanwhile Gamepop offers a subscription-based Android gaming solution for your TV. But many questions remain.
1 week 5 days ago
- And I finally get around to mentioning the Time Warner Cable Roku Channel, too.
1 week 6 days ago
- pasmith wrote Xbox 720 headed to Gamescom, new Wolfenstein to next gen consoles, but no Battlefield 4 for Wii UYesterday we got word of another confirmed next gen title launching in Q4 of this year. Plus good and bad news for Wii U owners, and Sony gets even more indie-friendly.
2 weeks 14 hours ago
- pasmith wrote Xbox 720 always-connected rumor debunked, PS4 share button nerfed, and Wii U to get mobile apps?A trifecta of gaming news shorts today, with the most important being about the much-rumored "always connected" aspect of the next Xbox. Never fear, you'll be able to play single player games without being online.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- If you've left the Wii Fit fad behind but still have the hardware, here's a way to put the Balance Board to use that doesn't involve the Wii or a television.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- We now know at least one title that Microsoft will be showing off on May 21st. Also GameStop is opening their summer expo to the public and says the PS4 will be on display. Details on how to register inside.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- pasmith wrote Hulu brags about a good year, Netflix fires back, and Nielsen gets ready to keep scoreYesterday Hulu shared good news about traffic and a few new shows. Netflix wasted no time responding with news of its next new show. Meanwhile Nielsen is finally taking baby steps towards tracking online viewing.
3 weeks 10 hours ago
- Microsoft research is working on a proof-of-concept system that uses a projector to extend video from a game or movie to the wall around your TV. Will this be the "Project Natal" of the Xbox 720 generation?
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Sony loves their DualShock 4, Nintendo doesn't love press conferences, Xbox 720 rumor re-runs and Valve gets one step closer to a Steam Box.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Microsoft has invited the press to an Xbox event in May. Here comes Durango!
3 weeks 6 days ago
- A pair of Kickstarter projects turn the kinetic energy you generate into a source for charging your smartphone, whether you get around by bike or on foot.
4 weeks 12 hours ago
- Amazon is crowdsourcing the decision of which of fourteen original content pilots (six kid's shows, eight comedies) they'll move forward with. I spent Saturday afternoon checking out four of the comedies and here's what I thought.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- Also, Ouya units are shipping...slowly, and the MOGA Pro Controller for Android is now available.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- pasmith wrote Analyst predicts dismal Wii U sales for March, but a system update is coming next weekNintendo held one of their Nintendo Direct events yesterday. For the most part it was focused on the 3DS, but we did get some news about the Wii U.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- A Sony exec offers hints around the PS4's launch price, and another completely anonymous (and perhaps completely fabricated) and crazy Xbox Durango rumor hits the web.
5 weeks 14 hours ago
- Today's post is a public service announcement for Comcast basic cable customers.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- Xbox 720 rumor week continues, it seems. This one has nothing to legitimize it, really. But it's still interesting enough to share.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- pasmith wrote Rumor: Xbox 720 has HDMI pass-thu, cable box integration features similar to Google TVA new leak talks about the next Xbox's media capabilities. Fair enough, but what surprises me is the positive reaction to stringing IR blasters across your entertainment center. Also, the new Kinect is going to be creepy.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Ouya is getting mediocre reviews. Gamestick is delayed. But Android gaming solutions that use your existing device are springing up. Let's look at the week's Android gaming hardware news.
6 weeks 13 hours ago
- Today we have rumors about the next Xbox's reveal date, pricing, internals, and more!
6 weeks 1 day ago
- As unlikely as it sounds (to me anyway) this rumor just won't die. Can Microsoft be crazy enough to ship a console that's required to be online in order to function?
6 weeks 5 days ago
- It's not too much of a stretch to predict that Google will refresh the Nexus 7 this year, but now we have some (rumored) specs to start fleshing out what we can expect to see.
6 weeks 6 days ago
- Defiance is both a TV series and a video game, designed to support each other. The game launches today, the TV series in two weeks.
7 weeks 12 hours ago
- A trio of streaming video news items hit the wire yesterday. Also a sneak peak at an epic werewolf transformation.
7 weeks 13 hours ago
- 1 of 8
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.