- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2009
Peter Smith writes about personal technology for ITworld.
Areas of Interest:
- pasmith wrote Digital Storm bringing $1,469+ Steam Machine to CES, Valve sending beta units out on FridayWe've already learned about iBuyPower's reasonably priced $500 Steam Machine. Digital Storm is heading in the other direction, aiming for the "Best" Steam Machine tier.
1 day 11 hours ago
- You now (or soon will) have ten new ways to use your Chromecast, though most of them are fairly niche.
2 days 10 hours ago
- Just in case you haven't heard, there's a bogus post going around promising a way to enable backwards compatibility on your Xbox One.
3 days 10 hours ago
- If you miss the days when newspapers came to an end but don't want to go back to ink-smeared fingers, the Times may have an answer for you.
1 week 7 hours ago
- Does the world need one more music streaming service? The Beats people seem to think so. May as well not fight it: register your username today!
1 week 1 day ago
- Game optimizations tweaked, Windows 7 recording limitations removed, and some new audio options added. But still no Twitch support.
1 week 2 days ago
- Until sales aren't constrained by limited stock, we shouldn't read much into estimated sales figures for the new next gen consoles. The important take-away is that both seem to be selling well.
1 week 3 days ago
- I upgraded my Fitbit Ultra activity tracker with the new Fitbit Force. Here's the verdict.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- I've been skeptical of this Steam Machine idea, but iBuyPower's $500 box has, at the very least, a decent graphics card inside.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- I've only had the Xbox One for 3 days but it's already become part of our routine.
2 weeks 3 days ago
- We've got one last week of pre-Xbox One news to catch up on, and a few after-launch news tidbits for the PS4.
3 weeks 2 hours ago
- If you prefer digital to physical media, the PS4's 500 GB drive is going to fill up in no time. I swapped mine out for a 1.5 TB drive. Here's a step-by-step how-to guide.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Moga's been making controllers for Android devices for a while; now it supports iPhone and iPod Touch with its most expensive controller yet.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- New software upgrade also available for second generation Kindle HD.
3 weeks 3 days ago
- Sony's Playstation 4 launched last night at midnight and so far things have been pretty smooth, with one exception.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- One last wrap-up of PS4 pre-launch news!
4 weeks 2 hours ago
- A day early and a console short. There's so much next gen console news this week I had to split it into two posts!
4 weeks 1 day ago
- Once again we catch up on streaming news for various services and devices.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- Green Throttle made a big splash based on its Guitar Hero pedigree but it seems it couldn't crack the Android gaming nut.
4 weeks 3 days ago
- I can almost smell that new electronics smell, can't you?
5 weeks 7 hours ago
- I wasn't that excited by Apple's October iPad event but apparently plenty of people were. Also, now's the time to get rid of that old 1st generation iPad you have kicking around!
5 weeks 2 days ago
- A lucky few were invited to Valve HQ to get some hands-on time with the 'PC game console" Steam Machine reference design.
5 weeks 3 days ago
- It's launch month! Let's catch up on the next-gen gaming console news from this week.
6 weeks 11 hours ago
- Sony let some cats out of some bags when they posted an exhaustive PS4 FAQ yesterday. Most of the good stuff we already knew, so it was the bad stuff that caught my attention.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- pasmith wrote Amazon launches MatchBook service: discounted Kindle versions of print books you've purchasedCheap Kindle versions of (some) of the books you've already purchased in print form from Amazon
6 weeks 2 days ago
- 1 of 13
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.