- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2009
Peter Smith writes about personal technology for ITworld.
Areas of Interest:
- The iPad Air is faster and smaller than it's predecessor. But in the case of computing devices don't we pretty much expect each new model to be faster and smaller?
6 weeks 2 days ago
- The situation here isn't as bad as it is on the PS4 but c'mon Microsoft and Sony...shouldn't you have had all these issues worked out months ago?
6 weeks 3 days ago
- pasmith wrote Streaming News: Hulu Plus hits 3DS, Netflix updates Android app and Samsung wants to smarten up your dumb TVAlso, Netflix may be contemplating adding 'bonus content' to its Netflix Originals line.
7 weeks 22 hours ago
- Microsoft declared this week the "Week of Xbox Live" and they've been sharing all kinds of videos about the new console.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- It's time for iPads and MacBook Pros to get refreshed, but will we get any other new goodies? If my family curse holds, we will.
7 weeks 2 days ago
- pasmith wrote Playstation 4 won't support USB, Bluetooth headsets; is this Sony's first major PS4 launch blunder?Until now Sony has done a pretty good job of keeping future Playstation 4 owners happy, but the news that your old headset won't work is disappointing, to say the least.
7 weeks 3 days ago
- Just a week after the device was leaked, Fitbit has introduced its newest activity tracker, the Fitbit Force
8 weeks 19 hours ago
- Confirming what we all already suspected...but was it the right move?
8 weeks 1 day ago
- So here's a micro-console with a less than micro-cost. It has better specs and a trick up its sleeve, but can it compete with Ouya and GameStick?
8 weeks 2 days ago
- The Xbox One's Kinect sensor can gather all kinds of data about you while you sit in front of it. Data that would be valuable for advertisers.
8 weeks 3 days ago
- Push aside your Roku, Apple TV and Google TV and make room for the Amazon FireTube.
9 weeks 22 hours ago
- This isn't an official product yet, but signs point to a near-future release.
9 weeks 1 day ago
- We take for granted subscription services for music and video. Now companies like Scribd, eReatah and Oyster are offering similar services for ebooks.
9 weeks 2 days ago
- Friday afternoon Valve let loose with a hype-filled announcement about a revolutionary new controller. Since then some game developers with hands-on experience have reported mostly positive experiences with this new gadget.
9 weeks 3 days ago
- Nvidia gamers have the GeForce experience, now AMD users have Gaming Evolved.
10 weeks 20 hours ago
- Valve's second announcement this week focused on the hardware that you'll be running SteamOS on.
10 weeks 1 day ago
- Apparently the Archos GamePad 1 sold well enough that the company is preparing to roll out a new version.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- Valve has 3 announcements planned for this week. The first is SteamOS, the operating system that will power your Steam Box.
10 weeks 3 days ago
- It looks like I jumped the gun a bit; here're a few Playstation news tidbits that came out following the press conference we talked about yesterday.
11 weeks 22 hours ago
- At a Tokyo Game Show press conference Sony shares sales forecasts for the PS4...and not much more in the way of new info.
11 weeks 1 day ago
- The days of scrounging for an old serial number to let you 'upgrade' Windows will be behind us soon. Also, don't buy an ASUS G10AC computer.
11 weeks 2 days ago
- pasmith wrote Valve's Gabe Newell is talking Linux and gaming again. Is this the return of the Steam Box?There was a lot of excitement about a dedicated Linux gaming system for the living room last winter, but then things went quiet. Now Valve's Newell teases an announcement coming next week.
11 weeks 3 days ago
- Sony's Andrew House spilled some more details on the Vita TV and all of them sounded great except the part about "No Vita TV for you!"
12 weeks 22 hours ago
- pasmith wrote Valve announces Steam Family Sharing; share your library of digital games with your friendsSharing your Steam games first leaked back in June, but now Valve has officially announced its plan to allow limited sharing of your downloaded games. Beta starts soon!
12 weeks 1 day ago
- Apple's iPhone event has come and gone and I'm not feeling that new gadget buzz. Is it me or is it them?
12 weeks 2 days ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.