- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Patrick Thibodeau covers SaaS and enterprise applications, outsourcing, government IT policies, data centers and IT workforce issues forComputerworld. Follow Patrick on Twitter at @Dcgov.
Areas of Interest:
- The CIA's decision to use Amazon's cloud is part of a broader IT shake-up to make the spy business more efficient.
2 days 1 hour ago
- The only limit to the Internet of Things isn't imagination or technology. It's interoperability. And the Linux Foundation thinks that's an issue it can help fix.
5 days 1 hour ago
- NY Gov. Cuomo says state has deal with IBM to preserve jobs, but questions arise about what the pact really means.
1 week 2 days ago
- If paychecks are any kind of a measure, then people with Linux skills are doing better than most.
1 week 4 days ago
- Private sector is asked to put on its thinking cap about how to best turn NOAAs big data into products
1 week 4 days ago
- Vendors who have been calling tablets 'the new PCs' can now prove it. The development of 64-bit mobile processors opens the door for more addressable memory and PC-like performance on tablets and smartphones.
1 week 5 days ago
- Demand for people with Linux skills is increasing, a trend that appears to follow a shift in server sales.
2 weeks 3 days ago
- Sensors, the Internet of Things, and hackathons will also have a role in historic drought.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- A new study by Forrester illuminates the changing IT landscape, finding that the share of IT projects primarily or exclusively run by IT departments will decline from 55% in 2009 to 47% in 2015.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- It's not the size of the company, but the idea that matters in this contest to award app innovators.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Dell Monday confirmed it has cut its global workforce by what it called a "small percentage," which could mean a reduction of thousands of employees.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Republican leaders on Thursday released a broad framework for immigration reform as difficult to understand, and about as long, as a Dead Sea scroll fragment.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- The era of the monolithic, highly customized enterprise ERP system is fading, according to Gartner.
5 weeks 3 days ago
- If you want to build your own Internet of Things, try the toy monkey hack.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- Detroit, a city in bankruptcy and dealing with a shrinking population, hopes to turn itself around with the help of 50,000 employment-based green cards.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- The employer with the most IT job postings last year was Amazon.com, with 16,146 ads, exceeding most other IT firms by a wide margin, according to a new report.
6 weeks 3 days ago
- H-1Bs, DIY-ers, multiple skill sets, are all in the mix.
6 weeks 5 days ago
- Despite an expanding use of electronics in products, the number of people working as electrical engineers in U.S. declined by 10.4% last year.
7 weeks 2 days ago
- Hiring by IT services and consulting firms outstripped all other IT hiring last year as companies increasingly shifted to using contingent workers, IT services and consulting firms.
7 weeks 3 days ago
- The explanation that New Jersey closed access lanes on the heavily traveled George Washington Bridge for a 'traffic study' is a head scratcher for traffic engineers.
7 weeks 5 days ago
- The key to their long-term success may in the classroom.
8 weeks 2 days ago
- Are you seeking a job in an IT department that recently drew the ire of the President of the United States? If so, you might be interested in the job of CTO at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
8 weeks 4 days ago
- The NSA is spending some $80 million in basic research on quantum computing, money that may ultimately help commercialize quantum computing for the private sector.
9 weeks 22 hours ago
- patrickthibodeau wrote The firm behind Healthcare.gov had top-notch credentials -- and it didn't helpThe biggest software failure of 2013 and why CMMI certification was no predictor of success.
9 weeks 6 days ago
- More than most years, 2013 might be remembered for some ominous predictions of doom for the earth and its inhabitants.
10 weeks 4 days ago
- 1 of 12
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.