- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Patrick Thibodeau covers SaaS and enterprise applications, outsourcing, government IT policies, data centers and IT workforce issues forComputerworld. Follow Patrick on Twitter at @Dcgov.
Areas of Interest:
- Hewlett-Packard has changed its direction on OpenVMS, giving the operating system -- and users -- something of a reprieve.
3 hours 34 min ago
- An agreement in Congress to allocate $17 billion to the Department of Veterans Affairs includes money for a major tech upgrade.
9 hours 4 min ago
- New York start-up goTenna has created a portable antenna that could come in handy when cellular service is unavailable.
6 days 1 hour ago
- California is moving its IT services to a cloud, on-demand, subscription-based service that state officials believe may meet as much as 80% of its computing needs.
1 week 4 min ago
- Pennsylvania has signed a seven-year deal with Unisys to consolidate the state's data centers and create an on-demand, cloud computing environment
2 weeks 1 day ago
- IBM and Apple have a history of working together that dates back more than 20 years.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- One-third of Infosys worksites have 100% Asian workers, lawsuit alleges.
3 weeks 20 min ago
- IT management positions have long paid quite well, but a new survey finds that a lot of other IT jobs are providing big paychecks.
3 weeks 7 hours ago
- H-1B whistleblower Jay Palmer has filed a new complaint with the U.S. Department of Labor, alleging that senior executives at Infosys "retaliated against him by denying him work, bonuses and promotions and terminating him."
4 weeks 23 hours ago
- Microsoft has joined what began as a Linux Foundation effort to create an open platform for the Internet of Things. It's a move that may be telling about Microsoft's plans for home automation, and even for the Xbox.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- Dell isn't in search of dramatic innovation, and therein lies the risk for the new version of the company.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- There's a new industrial revolution in the offing that will rely heavily on Internet of Things technologies, the cloud and low-cost design and fabrication tools.
5 weeks 10 hours ago
- Companies that use technology are bullish about the economy and, as a result, are hiring more IT staffers.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- Readers question the need for the H-1B program; we answer some questions about the visa.
6 weeks 2 days ago
- patrickthibodeau wrote Roads in the future will need data standards as well as signs, says DOT's CIOEngineers, auto makers and U.S. transportation officials who gathered at the White House's SmartAmerica conference this week showed various systems and technologies that may be used to make driving safer and more efficient.
6 weeks 6 days ago
- The future of dog training may be computer assisted.
7 weeks 1 hour ago
- U.S. workers protested job losses to foreign workers by displaying American flags in their cubicles.
7 weeks 2 days ago
- Apple's just announced approach to home automation involves Homekit, an iOS 8 framework and network protocol for controlling devices in the home. But will it play nicely with others?
7 weeks 6 days ago
- China's blistering attacks on U.S. tech firms is more than quid pro quo over cyberspying charges. It's a signal of China's growing confidence in its own technology capabilities.
8 weeks 7 hours ago
- One large company's approach to improving energy efficiency by using aggressive server management.
8 weeks 2 days ago
- A White House-led effort to show that the Internet of Things can save lives and create jobs is about to put on a big show.
9 weeks 2 days ago
- As the Internet of Things evolves, will it free up human potential? WIll everyone benefit -- or just a few? And how will it change the way people use technology. A conference in July hopes to find some answers.
9 weeks 3 days ago
- France-based firm deploying first U.S. Internet of Things-specific network from San Francisco to San Jose
10 weeks 1 day ago
- If Congress approves comprehensive immigration reform, it will likely more than double the cap on H-1B visas. What happens then sounds dystopian for workers.
10 weeks 3 days ago
- Visa holders urge the government to allow spouses to work; plan also gets pushback from immigration foes.
10 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 14
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.