- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Patrick Thibodeau covers SaaS and enterprise applications, outsourcing, government IT policies, data centers and IT workforce issues forComputerworld. Follow Patrick on Twitter at @Dcgov.
Areas of Interest:
- Fiber, low-cost power has Microsoft building nearly 1.5M square-feet of data center space
4 days 6 hours ago
- Vendors will tell you that the Internet of Things (IoT) has arrived. We're here to tell you that it hasn't.
5 days 8 hours ago
- It is the second major utility in a year to announce IT outsourcing.
5 days 21 hours ago
- New York report highlight's the size of the non-degreed tech workforce in the city.
1 week 2 days ago
- The U.S. received twice as many H-1B visa petitions as it can give out under its 85,000 visa cap, and is thus distributing the visas via lottery.
1 week 5 days ago
- Auberge Resorts exec explains the logic, tools and issues involved in shift to Chrome OS and Google Apps for Business.
2 weeks 8 hours ago
- CompTIA, a 32-year-old tech industry group best known for its IT certifications, is broadening access to it resources by making them free.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- Along with more air turbulence and flight delays, global warming presents multiple tech market opportunities.
3 weeks 8 hours ago
- Businesses leaders and IT executives are registering higher levels of dissatisfaction with IT as more demands are placed on technology, according to two new studies.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Driven by a very strong belief in the future of software-defined data center technology, Bank of America is steering its IT to almost total virtualization, from the data center to desktop.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- White House, tech firms to cooperate on turning environmental data into easy-to-use tools.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Launched IDG with a focus on user in the era of COBOL, IBM's System/360 and other mainframes from companies long gone.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- The high-tech industry contends that Congress' failure to raise the cap on H-1B visas is costing the U.S. an opportunity to create a new job every 43 seconds.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- Both agree that U.S. secondary education system needs much improvement.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- What the White House didn't say: Tech workers may need Affordable Care Act option because of shift to contingent workers.
6 weeks 2 hours ago
- Panetta, former U.S. Secretary of Defense, renews warning of a 'cyber Pearl Harbor' attack.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- Number of foreign STEM students in expanded Optional Practice Training program has grown many fold in six years.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- February was a good month for IT hiring after months of sluggish demand. Reports from three research firms each reported an increase in hiring in the sector.
6 weeks 2 days ago
- The CIA's decision to use Amazon's cloud is part of a broader IT shake-up to make the spy business more efficient.
6 weeks 5 days ago
- The only limit to the Internet of Things isn't imagination or technology. It's interoperability. And the Linux Foundation thinks that's an issue it can help fix.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- NY Gov. Cuomo says state has deal with IBM to preserve jobs, but questions arise about what the pact really means.
7 weeks 5 days ago
- If paychecks are any kind of a measure, then people with Linux skills are doing better than most.
8 weeks 18 hours ago
- Private sector is asked to put on its thinking cap about how to best turn NOAAs big data into products
8 weeks 21 hours ago
- Vendors who have been calling tablets 'the new PCs' can now prove it. The development of 64-bit mobile processors opens the door for more addressable memory and PC-like performance on tablets and smartphones.
8 weeks 1 day ago
- Demand for people with Linux skills is increasing, a trend that appears to follow a shift in server sales.
8 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 13
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.