- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Paul Krill is an editor at large at InfoWorld, focusing on coverage of application development (desktop and mobile) and core Web technologies such as HTML5, Java, and Flash.
Areas of Interest:
- The Age of the API is upon us, presenting developers with new opportunities to generate income by linking to the data and services of others. But developers need to be careful when navigating the new API landscape.
4 weeks 20 hours ago
- Administrative tasks, brainstorming, and waiting for tests combine to overtake the hours spent designing and coding
22 weeks 1 day ago
- As application development increasingly hooks into outside services, tools to manage all those APIs are sprouting up.
33 weeks 1 day ago
- The new version of standard Java was due this September, but the need for more work on security issues and Project Lambda have pushed the release date back to the first quarter of 2014
33 weeks 5 days ago
- The language used for Apple iOS app development drops a notch in Tiobe index.
34 weeks 6 days ago
- Experts say the language should crib app isolation, locality, and automated parallelism from more modern sources.
35 weeks 2 hours ago
- Administrative tasks, brainstorming, and waiting for tests combine to overtake the hours spent designing and coding.
35 weeks 2 days ago
- Soasta, Cloudbees partner to connect mobile app dev to Jenkins continuous integration server, making it easier for developers to test and deploy apps to the cloud
36 weeks 23 hours ago
- The analyst firm is also optimistic about the adoption of cloud IDEs and heterogeneous parallel processing
36 weeks 4 days ago
- The schism between Python 2.x and 3.x and other deficiencies frustrate its enthusiastic developer community.
37 weeks 2 days ago
38 weeks 6 days ago
- Development tools in the cloud enable programming from anywhere, but they're not suited for all app dev needs
39 weeks 1 day ago
- Agile development projects are succeeding, but when they fail, it's often due to staffing and teamwork issues.
41 weeks 23 hours ago
- The open source project enables development of applications scaling from handheld devices to large-format televisions.
41 weeks 5 days ago
- With Xamarin version 2.0, Visual Studio developers can build C# apps to run on Apple devices.
41 weeks 6 days ago
- Now in development and expected to be ready in "a year or two," the planned version of the language would feature a quick interpreter
42 weeks 5 days ago
- The company is expanding its participation in open source endeavors, no longer believes Linux is a 'cancer'
42 weeks 6 days ago
- Recent security problems aside, Java moves past C in Tiobe's language popularity index thanks to its ties to Android development
43 weeks 4 days ago
- In an interview, the company's CEO and senior director of products discuss the mobile possibilities of their offering and defend Java's security
44 weeks 2 days ago
- Microsoft's F# language geared to parallel programming, data-oriented problem-solving.
44 weeks 6 days ago
- Cash flow has far exceeded purchase price, according to Oracle President Mark Hurd, but an investment researcher remains doubtful.
45 weeks 13 hours ago
- Traditional IT vendors aren't leading with software, and businesses aren't hiring mobile leaders, according Appcelerator's survey.
45 weeks 5 days ago
- Research firm says modern apps require elastic infrastructure and multichannel clients, while mobile apps are just one component of larger app architecture
46 weeks 1 hour ago
- Survey also shows greater business alignment a goal, but moreso than usual
46 weeks 1 day ago
46 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 4
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.