- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2011
Areas of Interest:
- How do I go about moving photos from iPhoto to iMovie so I can edit the still images into a video?
5 days 17 hours ago
- I like My Photo Stream because it takes my iPhone photos and saves them to iCloud. What I don’t like is that it takes ALL my photos and does it immediately. That means all those photos of my fingertips, my feet, and my blurry cat are uploaded and I have to go in manually and delete them later.
3 weeks 4 days ago
- On an iPhone forum I visit occasionally, there was a recommendation not to upgrade to iOS 7.1 because it would cause shorter battery life. Is there any truth to this, or is it just another internet rumor?
4 weeks 4 days ago
- What’s new in iOS 7.1? Any major changes?
5 weeks 5 days ago
- Apple has apparently stopped updating Snow Leopard. Is there any way to continue to use it safely, or is the only safe option an update to a newer version of OS X?
7 weeks 2 days ago
- Since I’ve installed iOS7, I occasionally get random reboots, where the screen is just black with a white apple symbol in the middle. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there any solution to it? It doesn't happen that often, but it sure is annoying when it does.
11 weeks 2 days ago
- On all the other versions of iOS I’ve used before, you could just double click the home button, hold down the app’s icon in the app switcher tray and kill it from there. That doesn’t work for me in iOS 7. Anyone know what the new process to force close an app is, assuming you can still do it?
12 weeks 1 day ago
- A four digit number seems woefully weak as a password. It would be rejected on most websites, yet that’s what we have on the iPhone, Is there an option for a longer, more secure password on iPhones?
13 weeks 5 days ago
- Is there a way to make email on an iPhone work more like gmail does when it comes to images that are in emails and not automatically download them when I open the message?
14 weeks 2 days ago
- Is it worthwhile to spend the extra money to get Applecare+ when getting a new iPhone? I’ve paid extra for extended warranties in the past only to find that everything that broke fell under “wear and tear” and wasn’t covered.
16 weeks 4 days ago
- I don’t need to get overage fees from my wireless carrier because facebook wants to push more advertising my way. Is there a way to limit these to WiFi only at least? I’m using an iPhone 4S.
17 weeks 2 days ago
- How can I see plain-text passwords that I’ve saved to my iCloud keychain?
17 weeks 5 days ago
- What do I need to do to authorize my new iMac for iTunes?
19 weeks 4 days ago
- With iOS 7, when I want to send a set of photos by email, I’m limited to sending 5 at a time. It’s not an issue most of the time, but it is annoying when it is. Is there a way to send more than 5 in a single email?
22 weeks 1 day ago
- After upgrading to Windows 8 (running on a MacBook Pro using Boot Camp 5), it’s not recognizing any Thunderbolt devices. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
22 weeks 4 days ago
- I know there is the usual Steve Austine type general improvements - lighter, faster, thinner - but is there anything that really impacts the user experience that has changed? With iOS 7 running just fine on existing iPads which also have the same Retina display, would an owner of an existing iPad even notice a difference with the iPad Air?
25 weeks 4 days ago
- How can I change the settings in iOS 7 to prevent my kids from "accidentally" stumbling onto adult content when they are using our iPad?
26 weeks 2 days ago
- A hard drive scan on my MacBook showed 19 bad sectors. I don’t really have a standard of comparison. Is this number acceptable or does it mean I need to think about replacing my hard drive.
27 weeks 2 days ago
- I know the release of the next iPad Mini with Retina display has been pushed back, but does anyone have an idea of when to look for it. I’ve been planning to get one for my boyfriend for Christmas. Are they likely to be released in time for Christmas?
28 weeks 3 days ago
- MacBook 2.0Ghz Core2Duo has no audio output through the speakers, but it works fine with headphones. Any idea what to do to fix this?
29 weeks 3 days ago
- Are there any new features in iOS7 that are worth getting excited about?
30 weeks 3 days ago
- For those of us without the latest and greatest iPhone, what is the oldest version of the iPhone that iOS 7 will work with?
39 weeks 4 days ago
- I have an issue with a nearly new MacBook Air where it drops its WiFi connection regularly, but still shows good signal strength. I’ve cycled the router, and don’t think that’s the problem since I’ve had other devices connected at the same time the MacBook lost its connection without there being any disruption for them.
43 weeks 2 days ago
- Is there a way to completely get rid of Flash in OS X. I have ClickToFlash installed, but with Safari, many websites treat it as if I am using Flash and continue to try to use it instead of HTML5.
43 weeks 4 days ago
- Is there a way to disable the text message preview that pops up on the lock screen?
44 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.