- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2011
Areas of Interest:
- What do I need to do to authorize my new iMac for iTunes?
3 days 16 hours ago
- With iOS 7, when I want to send a set of photos by email, I’m limited to sending 5 at a time. It’s not an issue most of the time, but it is annoying when it is. Is there a way to send more than 5 in a single email?
3 weeks 23 hours ago
- After upgrading to Windows 8 (running on a MacBook Pro using Boot Camp 5), it’s not recognizing any Thunderbolt devices. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
3 weeks 3 days ago
- As far as I know, you cannot, since Apple has closed the signing window on iOS 6 and earlier versions. I believe that will prevent Apple’s servers from authenticating the firmware, which will put the device in recovery mode and force an update to iOS 7.
5 weeks 3 days ago
- I know there is the usual Steve Austine type general improvements - lighter, faster, thinner - but is there anything that really impacts the user experience that has changed? With iOS 7 running just fine on existing iPads which also have the same Retina display, would an owner of an existing iPad even notice a difference with the iPad Air?
6 weeks 3 days ago
- How can I change the settings in iOS 7 to prevent my kids from "accidentally" stumbling onto adult content when they are using our iPad?
7 weeks 2 days ago
- A hard drive scan on my MacBook showed 19 bad sectors. I don’t really have a standard of comparison. Is this number acceptable or does it mean I need to think about replacing my hard drive.
8 weeks 2 days ago
- I know the release of the next iPad Mini with Retina display has been pushed back, but does anyone have an idea of when to look for it. I’ve been planning to get one for my boyfriend for Christmas. Are they likely to be released in time for Christmas?
9 weeks 3 days ago
- MacBook 2.0Ghz Core2Duo has no audio output through the speakers, but it works fine with headphones. Any idea what to do to fix this?
10 weeks 3 days ago
- Are there any new features in iOS7 that are worth getting excited about?
11 weeks 2 days ago
- For those of us without the latest and greatest iPhone, what is the oldest version of the iPhone that iOS 7 will work with?
20 weeks 4 days ago
- I have an issue with a nearly new MacBook Air where it drops its WiFi connection regularly, but still shows good signal strength. I’ve cycled the router, and don’t think that’s the problem since I’ve had other devices connected at the same time the MacBook lost its connection without there being any disruption for them.
24 weeks 2 days ago
- Is there a way to completely get rid of Flash in OS X. I have ClickToFlash installed, but with Safari, many websites treat it as if I am using Flash and continue to try to use it instead of HTML5.
24 weeks 4 days ago
- Is there a way to disable the text message preview that pops up on the lock screen?
25 weeks 3 days ago
- I experienced a problem updating my iPhone 4 using iTunes. I had the same problem in the past with a 3GS, and was able to correct it by entering DFU mode (which I remember because I thought it meant Don't Mess Up, or something along those lines). What I don't recall is how you do it. Anyone know how to enter DFU mode?
29 weeks 1 day ago
- How do you use time machine to restore a complete backed-up partition in OS X Mountain Lion?
30 weeks 2 days ago
- This doesn't really make sense to me. Are you perhaps talking about Xeon?
30 weeks 5 days ago
- How hard is it to replace the battery on an iPhone 3GS? The phone is pretty old, but I don't want to spend the money to replace my 3GS and get locked into a new 2 year contract. The battery has gotten to the point where I really have to keep a charger nearby if I want to make it through the day.
45 weeks 1 day ago
- I want to let my son use my new iPad at times (like when the family goes out to dinner), but I don't want him messing anything up. How can I set it up for multiple users so that I can enable parental restrictions without restricting my own activity?
48 weeks 5 days ago
- Aside from taking the steps to decrease power consumption that were mentioned in the first response to your question, the least intrusive way of adding battery life that I've found is a Mophie Juice Pack Plus case. As the name suggest, it's a case, but it also includes a 2000 mAh battery.
1 year 7 weeks ago
- What are the main security threats that should be considered with virtualization?
1 year 10 weeks ago
- To be perfectly honest, about the only time I still use it is when I am out having a few pints with friends to try to get funny responses. For sure the "wow" factor has worn off. After getting past the initial novelty of being able to have an ersatz conversation with your mobile, it is a sometimes useful, but not vital feature.
1 year 14 weeks ago
- I have an older MacBook Pro and was looking forward to upgrading the OS to Mountain Lion. I was at the local Apple store last week and while talking to one of the staff, I was told that there was a chance Mountain Lion wouldn't work with my MacBook, but she couldn't give me a clear answer as to why.
1 year 21 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.