- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2011
Areas of Interest:
- I experienced a problem updating my iPhone 4 using iTunes. I had the same problem in the past with a 3GS, and was able to correct it by entering DFU mode (which I remember because I thought it meant Don't Mess Up, or something along those lines). What I don't recall is how you do it. Anyone know how to enter DFU mode?
4 days 18 hours ago
- How do you use time machine to restore a complete backed-up partition in OS X Mountain Lion?
1 week 5 days ago
- This doesn't really make sense to me. Are you perhaps talking about Xeon?
2 weeks 1 day ago
- How hard is it to replace the battery on an iPhone 3GS? The phone is pretty old, but I don't want to spend the money to replace my 3GS and get locked into a new 2 year contract. The battery has gotten to the point where I really have to keep a charger nearby if I want to make it through the day.
16 weeks 4 days ago
- I want to let my son use my new iPad at times (like when the family goes out to dinner), but I don't want him messing anything up. How can I set it up for multiple users so that I can enable parental restrictions without restricting my own activity?
20 weeks 1 day ago
- Aside from taking the steps to decrease power consumption that were mentioned in the first response to your question, the least intrusive way of adding battery life that I've found is a Mophie Juice Pack Plus case. As the name suggest, it's a case, but it also includes a 2000 mAh battery.
31 weeks 22 hours ago
- What are the main security threats that should be considered with virtualization?
33 weeks 4 days ago
- To be perfectly honest, about the only time I still use it is when I am out having a few pints with friends to try to get funny responses. For sure the "wow" factor has worn off. After getting past the initial novelty of being able to have an ersatz conversation with your mobile, it is a sometimes useful, but not vital feature.
37 weeks 4 days ago
- I have an older MacBook Pro and was looking forward to upgrading the OS to Mountain Lion. I was at the local Apple store last week and while talking to one of the staff, I was told that there was a chance Mountain Lion wouldn't work with my MacBook, but she couldn't give me a clear answer as to why.
44 weeks 6 days ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.