January 26, 2012, 2:11 PM — In the age of social media, it's important to protect your online reputation and image. Here are some tips to help make sure you protect yourself.
1. Use search engines to help find out how others view you online. Search for your name and other information to see what kinds of things are visible to others.
2. Separate your professional and personal profiles.
3. Adjust your privacy settings carefully on social media sites to protect potentially compromising information.
4. Think carefully before you share information, photos, videos, etc. on social media services.
5. Behave in a polite, civil manner when interacting online. What you post could come back to haunt you later on.
For more, see the original article at the link below.
Microsoft Provides Tips to Help Protect Your Online Image | Microsoft News Center