4. Tap the name of a station you want to hear. The station screen appears, displaying an image from the currently playing artist’s album, a volume slider, and a row of icons at the bottom of the screen.
5. (Optional) Slide your fingertip left or right on the volume slider to increase or decrease the volume.
6. (Optional) Tap Favorites to store the station in your list of favorites.
7. Press the Home button when you want to stop listening to AOL Radio, or tap the back button in the upper-left corner of the screen to view other stations.
NOTE: AOL Radio, Pandora Radio, and Stitcher Radio all continue playing even when your iPhone drifts into sleep mode.
Listening to Pandora Radio
Pandora Radio creates a custom radio station that plays music just for you, based on songs or artists that you choose. You simply type the name of an artist, band, or song that you like into a Create a New Station field, and Pandora Radio plays music that is similar in style and sound. Type Beatles, and Pandora Radio will not only play various Beatles songs, but music from other artists that are similar to the Beatles.
Before you can use Pandora Radio, you need to set up a free account either through the Pandora Radio website or through your iPhone. After you've created an account and installed the application on your iPhone, you can listen to Pandora Radio by doing this:
1. From the Home screen, tap Pandora Radio. The Welcome to Pandora screen asks if you already have a Pandora account.
2. (Optional) If you haven't created a Pandora account, you'll need to tap the I am new to Pandora button and then activate your account with the code that appears on the screen.
3. Tap I have a Pandora account. A Sign In screen appears.
4. Type your email address in the Email text box.
5. Type your password in the Password text box, and then tap the blue Go button.
6. Pandora displays the Stations screen. If you haven't created any stations yet, this screen will be blank. If you have created stations already, this screen shows all your Pandora stations.
7. (Optional) Tap the New Station icon at the bottom of the screen to create a new station. You'll need to choose a recording artist or song name to define the type of music this station will play for you.