8. Tap a station that you want to hear. Pandora displays a screen that shows the currently playing song along with a volume control slider. Pandora also displays thumbs up and thumbs down icons so you can approve or disapprove of the currently playing song. Tap the thumbs up icon to approve a song and keep it in your playlist; tap the thumbs down icon to disapprove a song and prevent that song from playing again. Each time you approve or disapprove of a song, Pandora remembers your preferences and gradually only plays those songs that you like best.
9. Press the Home button when you want to stop listening to Pandora Radio, or tap the back button in the upper-left corner of the screen to go back and view other stations.
Listening to Stitcher Radio
While Pandora Radio tries to play music that is similar to tunes or artists you like, Stitcher Radio tries to find news and talk radio show content that you might like. Stitcher Radio divides its stations into Topics and Sources. Topics list different types of information such as Health & Fitness, Sports, and Business & Finance. Sources lists specific content providers such as Associated Press, CNN, Fox, and Reuters.
After installing Stitcher Radio on your iPhone, you can listen to it by doing this:
1. From the Home screen, tap Stitcher Radio. The Stitcher Radio screen appears.
2. Tap Topics or Sources at the bottom of the screen to view a list of available topics or sources.
3. Tap a topic (such as American News & Politics) or a content source (such as Bloomberg). Your chosen station appears, displaying thumbs up and thumbs down icons. By tapping the thumbs up or down icons, you can customize Stitcher to play the talk stations you like best.
4. Press the Home button when you want to stop listening to Stitcher Radio, or tap the Back button in the upper-left corner of the screen to go back and view other stations.
Today's tip was adapted from "My New iPhone: 52 Simple Projects to Get You Started" by Wallace Wang, Published July 2009 by No Starch Press.