How to prevent your smartphone from being hacked
The recent media scandal involving Rupert Murdoch and his News of the World tabloid has phone users fearing for the security of their data. As disgusting as the Murdoch scandal is, there are ways to help prevent your phone from being hacked.
Here are a few tips:
1. Be sure to change your phone's remote access PIN.
2. Use strong passwords that would be difficult for anyone to guess.
3. Turn off auto-complete so that passwords aren't stored on your phone.
4. Delete your browsing history frequently.
5. Turn off Bluetooth, Wi-fi and GPS if you are not going to be using them.