Are your rivals spending money on unified communications gadgets?
Source: Courtesy of TANDBERG Corporation
The 2012 IDG Enterprise unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) survey highlights the uptick in UC&C adoption and investments. Numerous triggers including social media and collaboration are contributing to the increase in investments, however the proliferation of consumer devices is seen as the biggest trigger.
Complete the form below to download your free excerpt of the survey results.
* All fields are required
Key findings include:
- A majority of organizations (90%) plan to invest in UC&C in the next 12 months, in fact, organizations currently are spending an average of $383,000 on UC&C solutions and services per year.
- Education (72%), manufacturing (66%) and retail/wholesale (66%) are the industries that expect to see the most growth in implementation in the next three years.
- Increased productivity (61%), increased flexibility for employees (42%) and faster response time/delivery of information (39%) are the top drivers for implementing UC&C solutions.
- Three-quarters (74%) of enterprise organizations are accelerating their unified communications and collaboration plans because of the influx of consumer devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Top factors considered during vendor evaluations (critical/very important) are ease of use (87%), ability to meet security requirements (82%) and low total cost of ownership (79%).