Shut down Windows 8
How to turn off your Windows 8 computer
Here's how you can turn off your Windows 8 computer.
There are two ways you can shut down your system.
1. Put your cursor in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. A menu will appear on the right side.
3. Click the Settings icon.
4. Click the Power icon to shut down your Windows 8 computer.
The other way to shut down your system is faster.
1. Click the Desktop tile on the main start screen.
2. With no applications running, Press Alt + F4 on your keyboard.
3. The shut down screen will appear.
For more, see the original article at the link below.
Tips and Tricks for Windows 8 | Venture Beat