Download the official iBooks app free for iOS devices
Get the free iBooks app for your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad mini
Here's how you can download the iBooks app free for your iPad, iPhone, iPad mini or iPod Touch.
Download the iBooks App Free From iTunes
1. Go to the iBooks app preview page in iTunes.
2. Click the View in iTunes button.
3. Click the Free button to download the app.
4. Sync your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad mini with iTunes to install the iBooks app.
Download the iBooks App Free From the iOS App Store
1. Open the App Store on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad mini.
2. Search for "iBooks" (without the quotes).
3. Tap the Free button to download the app and install it on your iOS device.
Here's a description and screenshot of iBooks for iOS devices:
"Books is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBookstore, where you can download the latest bestselling books
or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a
tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBookstore
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBookstore
• Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books designed for iPad. These books are filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBookstore before making it a part of your permanent collection
Great ways to read
• Choose from seven beautiful fonts, three easy-to-read page colors, and three useful page layouts—including Book, Full Screen, and Scroll
• iBooks beautifully renders text written in 18 different languages
• Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
• Share quotes, or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail
• Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature
• Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
• Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices
• Keep your bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud
• See all your iBookstore purchases in iCloud—right on your bookshelf with iOS 6
Supports open standards
• iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection"