Change network adapter name in Ubuntu
Switch your network adapter name in Ubuntu
Here's how you can change your network adapter name in Ubuntu via the terminal.
1. Open a terminal window.
2. Type in the following command then hit Enter to see your current name.
3. Use this command to backup the file that contains your current name:
sudo cp /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.back
4. Edit the file with this command, find your current file name and change it.
gksudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
5. Save the file and then close it.
6. Run the ifconfig command again to see if your new name is there.
7. To restore your original file, use this command:
sudo cp /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.back /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
For more, see the original article at the link below.