- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- I was in my firewall settings, and under the “Advanced” button there was an option to turn “stealth mode” on. What does it change when you turn it on?
4 days 5 hours ago
- I know that Apple lists the iPhone 5S as officially supported, but I’m concerned that the older hardware may not be up to snuff for it. Has anyone tried iOS 8 with a 5S yet, and if so, how did it do?
1 week 1 day ago
- How much free space is needed on a iPad to install iOS8? I have an iPad Mini with 16GB, so I don’t have too much to work with.
1 week 6 days ago
- Probably the most consistent critic of Microsoft that I’ve ran across in the past few years is Aaron Levie, CEO of Box. Levie made it abundantly clear that he despised SharePoint in particular, but spared no kind words for Microsoft in general. Now Box is announcing Office 365 integration.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Same thing, different name. I think Google just wanted to have a name that was more inclusive of different sized business. After all, how many owners of small businesses with only 2 or 3 employees go out looking for “enterprise” software? I suspect not too many.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- What is SED encryption? I saw it in a hard drive description, but I’ve never heard of it before.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- You might want to try out Merlin 2. It can import and read MPX, MPP and XML files and can write MPX and XML. I haven’t use Merlin 2, but I did use the older version, Merlin, a few years ago and it had a nice UI and was reasonably easy to use. http://projectwizards.net/en/merlin/
6 weeks 6 days ago
- Good for Google. I don’t think this is going to have a major impact search ranking at this point, although it will have some. According to a post on Google’s blog, “For now it’s only a very lightweight signal.
7 weeks 17 hours ago
- How many Moonshot microservers can fit in a standard 42U rack?
8 weeks 6 days ago
- Sorry, it doesn’t come with a camera or mic built in. It really isn’t made with video conferencing in mind, and as far as I know, it does not even support a webcam.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- IBM and Apple announced a partnership, where IBM will be building iOS apps aimed at the enterprise for Apple products. IBM as an app developer sounds a little strange to me. App development isn’t something IBM is exactly known for.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- I’m not sure how common the problem is, but other people have experienced it. It seems to be something that is mostly limited to the Chrome browser, but at least some people have seen the same problem with IE. Safari seems to be fine, which is not a surprise. Some people resolved it by uninstalling and reinstalling the Chrome browser.
12 weeks 3 days ago
- Microsoft offers a version of Onedrive for businesses named, creatively, Onedrive for Business. How does Onedrive for Business differ from the version of Onedrive offered for individual use, aside from pricing additional storage space?
14 weeks 5 days ago
- If I already have a Type Cover for a Surface Pro 2, will that work with a Surface Pro 3?
18 weeks 10 hours ago
- After taking a screenshot, I get a blue boxes surrounding everything I click on. How can I get rid of the blue boxes?
19 weeks 6 hours ago
- Is there a way to keep track of how much data I’m using on a Surface Pro (Windows 8)? I don’t want to face an unpleasant surprise and get hit by overage charges when I get my monthly internet bill due to using my Surface to work at home.
20 weeks 5 days ago
- Can Windows Phone be used to remotely access and control a PC? Does it offer remote desktop capability?
22 weeks 4 days ago
- We have an old iPhone 3GS we leave at our vacation cottage, which has internet but no phone. The iPhone serves as a VoIP phone when we are there, so it sits plugged into the charger for weeks or even months at a time. Will this cause overcharging or harm the battery?
23 weeks 1 day ago
- The cloud based option is going to cost less and require less expertise to deploy. It’s like racing, if you ride a Ducati but don’t know what you are doing, you are still going to lose. With the cloud based option, you are going to have people monitoring the situation that (hopefully) know what they are doing, since THIS is what they do.
23 weeks 3 days ago
- Disturbingly, yes. It varies based on a number of factors, but according to an article on Help Net Security a hotmail account was valued at $1.50 and a google account was worth about $80. These numbers are a little dated, so they may have changed by now.
23 weeks 5 days ago
- Are there any significant changes to Windows Phone with 8.1, or is it just an incremental update like Android 4.4.3?
23 weeks 6 days ago
- One of the things that Apple added with iOS 7 was “wireless mesh networking.” How does this work, and what makes use of the feature?
27 weeks 1 day ago
- One of my kids is in college, and isn’t afraid to make a call to dad occasionally asking for a little extra money to make it through the month. She works part time and is a good student, so I don’t mind helping out. I’d like to make it as easy as possible when I do though; what is the easiest way to transfer money using an iPhone?
28 weeks 5 days ago
- When using Macbook Pro running OS X Mavericks, I’ve started to get an error message that says “there is no connected camera” when using FaceTime. Obviously there is a connected camera, and it worked fine until this issue started.
30 weeks 6 days ago
- Is there a way to use Chromecast with a Surface RT tablet?
31 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 4
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.