- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- Sorry, it doesn’t come with a camera or mic built in. It really isn’t made with video conferencing in mind, and as far as I know, it does not even support a webcam.
4 days 8 hours ago
- IBM and Apple announced a partnership, where IBM will be building iOS apps aimed at the enterprise for Apple products. IBM as an app developer sounds a little strange to me. App development isn’t something IBM is exactly known for.
4 days 8 hours ago
- I’m not sure how common the problem is, but other people have experienced it. It seems to be something that is mostly limited to the Chrome browser, but at least some people have seen the same problem with IE. Safari seems to be fine, which is not a surprise. Some people resolved it by uninstalling and reinstalling the Chrome browser.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- Microsoft offers a version of Onedrive for businesses named, creatively, Onedrive for Business. How does Onedrive for Business differ from the version of Onedrive offered for individual use, aside from pricing additional storage space?
4 weeks 6 days ago
- If I already have a Type Cover for a Surface Pro 2, will that work with a Surface Pro 3?
8 weeks 1 day ago
- After taking a screenshot, I get a blue boxes surrounding everything I click on. How can I get rid of the blue boxes?
9 weeks 1 day ago
- Is there a way to keep track of how much data I’m using on a Surface Pro (Windows 8)? I don’t want to face an unpleasant surprise and get hit by overage charges when I get my monthly internet bill due to using my Surface to work at home.
10 weeks 6 days ago
- Can Windows Phone be used to remotely access and control a PC? Does it offer remote desktop capability?
12 weeks 6 days ago
- We have an old iPhone 3GS we leave at our vacation cottage, which has internet but no phone. The iPhone serves as a VoIP phone when we are there, so it sits plugged into the charger for weeks or even months at a time. Will this cause overcharging or harm the battery?
13 weeks 2 days ago
- The cloud based option is going to cost less and require less expertise to deploy. It’s like racing, if you ride a Ducati but don’t know what you are doing, you are still going to lose. With the cloud based option, you are going to have people monitoring the situation that (hopefully) know what they are doing, since THIS is what they do.
13 weeks 5 days ago
- Disturbingly, yes. It varies based on a number of factors, but according to an article on Help Net Security a hotmail account was valued at $1.50 and a google account was worth about $80. These numbers are a little dated, so they may have changed by now.
14 weeks 2 hours ago
- Are there any significant changes to Windows Phone with 8.1, or is it just an incremental update like Android 4.4.3?
14 weeks 18 hours ago
- One of the things that Apple added with iOS 7 was “wireless mesh networking.” How does this work, and what makes use of the feature?
17 weeks 2 days ago
- One of my kids is in college, and isn’t afraid to make a call to dad occasionally asking for a little extra money to make it through the month. She works part time and is a good student, so I don’t mind helping out. I’d like to make it as easy as possible when I do though; what is the easiest way to transfer money using an iPhone?
18 weeks 6 days ago
- When using Macbook Pro running OS X Mavericks, I’ve started to get an error message that says “there is no connected camera” when using FaceTime. Obviously there is a connected camera, and it worked fine until this issue started.
21 weeks 15 hours ago
- Is there a way to use Chromecast with a Surface RT tablet?
21 weeks 6 days ago
- I did not realize until a week or so ago that many copy machines have an on-board hard drive that stores copies of the documents that are, er, copied. Frankly, I had never considered the potential security threat posed by a mere copy machine. What policies should be in place to help ensure data security with respect to copiers?
24 weeks 1 day ago
- The Malicious Software Removal Tool is a utility that runs in the background, and you don’t need to do anything. It’s updated each month to address what Microsoft determines are the greatest current malware threats and attempts to detect and delete any malware on your computer.
25 weeks 1 day ago
- Open the settings app, then click “General.” Enable restrictions (you have to use a passcode). Look for and select “Websites” under the “Allowed Content” heading. Select “Limit Adult Content” under the “Allowed Websites” section. This will block most things, but once in a while something may slip through.
25 weeks 1 day ago
- The way iOS deals with killing apps is different in iOS 6 and iOS 7, so maybe you should not be force closing them at all now. If you do, as I understand it, iOS 7 closes any associated processes that are running in the background and may be used by other applications.
25 weeks 3 days ago
- The two things from CES that we will see in our daily lives soon are Android/iOS integration in vehicles and (probably) the Oculus Rift. With systems such as GM’s On-Star having been around for years now, it is a logical progression to move toward tighter integration of vehicles with the rest of our digital lives.
27 weeks 1 day ago
- It’s always tough to balance convenience with security. You can change so that the passcode is longer and more complex. Go to SETTINGS>GENERAL>PASSCODE LOCK. You should see an option for “Simple Passcode.” Switch that off, and you should be able to enter a passcode with more characters.
27 weeks 1 day ago
- In iOS 7, you can go into SETTINGS, then select MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDAR. Go to the MAIL heading, where you can toggle off LOAD REMOTE IMAGES. You can turn on load images at the bottom of individual emails if there is something that you would like to see.
27 weeks 3 days ago
- How can I prevent an iPhone from automatically including all of my email contacts? It just results in a huge list of unused contacts that makes it harder to quickly find the ones I want.
28 weeks 2 days ago
- Netflix should buy you some time to find some suggestions, at least. Beyond that, I would think a mix of entertainment and productivity applications would be something she would appreciate. Here are 5 apps that I would install in no particular order (of course everyone is different):
29 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 3
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.