- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: May 2011
Areas of Interest:
- iOS 8 is coming in the Fall, and part of it is a new graphics technology to help games run faster...if you're on the latest hardware.
12 weeks 1 day ago
- Also, the Xbox One will get screenshot sharing, and Playstation Plus offers more free games to Playstation 4 owners.
12 weeks 5 days ago
- Burton says 1 in 4 kids in the US will grow up functionally illiterate. He's launched a Kickstarter project to bring a classroom tailored version of Reading Rainbow to schools for free.
12 weeks 6 days ago
- You'll be able to share ad revenue with Nintendo (and Google) once you're in the program.
13 weeks 17 hours ago
- Doctors to begin trials of "emergency preservation and resuscitation" techniques to help save trauma victims.
13 weeks 1 day ago
- BitLit is a service similar to Amazon's MatchBook program without the limitation of only applying to Amazon purchases.
13 weeks 5 days ago
- pasmith wrote June Xbox One update gives you plenty of space to store all those games that have yet to materializeExternal storage, SmartGlass updates and more coming to Xbox One next month.
13 weeks 6 days ago
- At a press event yesterday Microsoft announced its Surface Pro 3, and pulled an almost-Oprah moment by telling the audience they'd be going home with one. But there was a catch! Meanwhile, Surface Pro 2 quietly vanished from Microsoft's online store.
14 weeks 18 hours ago
- Steam Machines are back in the news and Valve's hardware partners are taking a very cautious tone.
14 weeks 1 day ago
- VUDU introduced a way to share your digital content with friends, but sadly the system is either broken or too confusing. I'm still not sure which.
14 weeks 5 days ago
- Being the cheaper console has done a lot for the Playstation 4 but that ends in June. And given Sony's financial situation, I'm not sure they can do anything to counter Microsoft's latest move.
14 weeks 6 days ago
- Who cares about E3? Microsoft decided not to wait for the big tradeshow to unveil the next phase of its Xbox One strategy.
15 weeks 20 hours ago
- Found in the source code for Microsoft's OneDrive: references to a music folder. Here's what this could mean for Xbox One owners.
15 weeks 1 day ago
- The company finds itself embroiled in a controversy over same-sex marriage in one of its video games.
15 weeks 5 days ago
- pasmith wrote The Wii U continues to drag Nintendo down; here's what they need to do to turn things aroundNintendo posted some grim financials yesterday, mostly due to the Wii U collecting dust on store shelves. I share my ideas for turning things around, and invite you to share yours as well. What would you do to save the Wii U?
15 weeks 6 days ago
- Does your ISP care about the quality of your Internet connection? Signs point to no.
16 weeks 18 hours ago
- Comcast and EA are reported to be close to closing a deal to bring streaming EA games to Comcast's X1 cable box. A financial journalist thinks Sony & Microsoft ought to be worried. This gamer disagrees.
16 weeks 1 day ago
- Once again a law intended to protect your VHS rental history is being used to squeeze a streaming company.
16 weeks 5 days ago
- Starting this summer you'll be able to watch at least some of Hulu's content on your phone or tablet without paying a subscription fee.
16 weeks 6 days ago
- SCiO is a project on Kickstarter that seems darned close to being a tricorder! OK not quite. But hyperbole aside, it seems like a pretty cool gadget.
17 weeks 17 hours ago
- Yesterday saw a lot of coverage of Microsoft's Xbox Originals TV-style content, but one report claims things aren't going smoothly for the team.
17 weeks 1 day ago
- You might think Amazon's new Prime Pantry service is a great way to get heavy, bulky grocery items delivered to your home. In fact that's exactly wrong.
17 weeks 5 days ago
- I've long called for HBO to make its content available to stream for people with no cable subscription. Finally we're making some progress!
17 weeks 6 days ago
- Last week we heard that Amazon would be announcing a phone with a 3D interface. This week we learn that you'll control it by tilting it. And that's weird.
18 weeks 17 hours ago
- Net income is up, yet the company says it needs to raise subscription fees.
18 weeks 1 day ago