- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: May 2011
Areas of Interest:
- Probably the easiest and most effective thing you can do is enable 2-step verification for your Apple ID. 1. Go to Apple ID website and sign into your account. 2. Click on "Password and Security."
17 weeks 3 days ago
- First, we are not getting World Class Service, we are only paying as if we are. If you look at what Americans pay for broadband and what speeds we get, we are like an Eastern European country in terms of performance, (and not one of the more developed ones) but we pay more than almost any other developed country.
19 weeks 4 days ago
- The easiest way is to connect your Vita to a PC, then use the Content Manager on your Vita to save all of your data to your PC’s HDD. Switch out your memory card in your Vita, and transfer everything back to your Vita. And yes, the price they charge for Vita memory cards is absurd. $30 for an 8GB card!
35 weeks 1 day ago
- Thunderbolt is the I/O protocol primarily used by Apple. It is much faster than the otherwise ubiquitous USB,even more so when you are talking about Thunderbolt 2. The only downside is that it cost more than a USB cable, and outside of Apple products, it is not nearly as widely supported as USB.
37 weeks 5 days ago
- To be fair, BBM does have delivery and read confirmation, which is pretty nice. I assume that will be true to the Android app as well. I’m just not sure how many people will bother to give it a try.
1 year 3 weeks ago
- Apple dropped the screen replacement price pretty quickly from that $400 to $250 (i think). Which is still a heck of a lot of money for a screen, but ya gotta pay to play. You can always get the screen and install it for yourself, if you are feeling adventurous.
1 year 8 weeks ago
- Microsoft provides a nifty little tool that can help you objectively look at this question. It may be a little biased towards the pro-cloud answer, but I still think it can be useful. It will at least help you consider things from a more holistic perspective, so that you can come up with a more meaningful conclusion on your own.
1 year 10 weeks ago
- 64,000 characters.
1 year 11 weeks ago
- RomanZ answers Re: How to correct an older mistake in Office 2013 without undoing more recent changes?As far as I know, when you use the Undo function (Ctrl+Z also works) and open the drop-down menu, all of the changes you made subsequent to the change that you undo will also be undone. Maybe there is a way to do it, but I don’t know of any. It makes sense that it would work that way, if you really think about it.
1 year 11 weeks ago
- Just select the outer frame of the graphic, and right click it. Select “Save as Picture.” By default, it will save it as a PNG file, but if you select “Save as Type,” you can change it to save as a JPEG.
1 year 17 weeks ago
- There was an article just published about this on IT World. The short answer is yes, you should be able to transfer it now.
1 year 29 weeks ago
- I would put data analytics at the top of my list, but it takes a lot of work and ability to get there. http://www.cio.com/article/726535/Big_Data_Means_Big_IT_Job_Opportunitie...
1 year 34 weeks ago
- I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, but I feel your pain. I did a search and found that some other people had similar issues. I couldn't find a definitive answer, but there was a post on the Windows forums that had some suggestions that might help. Good luck.
1 year 46 weeks ago
- There was an article on ITWorld in September on this point that had all the links for different devices: http://www.itworld.com/mobile-wireless/296310/download-ios-6-ipsw-files-...
1 year 47 weeks ago
- The easiest would be to revert to WEP , but as you noted that would be significantly less secure than WPA2.
1 year 51 weeks ago
- RomanZ asks How can you set Safari to warn you each time you access an insecure wireless connection?The first time you access an insecure internet connection, Safari warns you, but I can't figure out how to set up a warning for subsequent time. I travel to Chicago pretty often, and there are a networks that I use with my iPad (sometimes at Starbucks, I hang my head and admit).
2 years 15 weeks ago
- I think IPOs are always iffy. There hasn't been anytime for the stock's natural valuation level to have been determined in the marketplace. It is a hope, based on a limited information and history.
2 years 18 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.