- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Last updated: September 30, 2014
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited or restricted. By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these rules.
2. SPONSOR: ITworld ("Sponsor"), 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701, is offering a Book Giveaway described in these Official Rules (the "drawing"). The ITworld Web site is owned by IDG Communications, Inc. and operated and maintained by Computerworld, Inc.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The drawing is open only to individuals who (i) register for the drawing on ITworld prior to the close of the Entry Period (as described below); (ii) are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and (iii) are 18 years of age or older at the beginning of the applicable Entry Period. Employees of ITworld, IDG Communications, Inc., Computerworld, Inc., and any of their affiliated companies, parent company, or any third party contest co-sponsor, or any household and/or immediate family members of such employees are ineligible. Limit one entry per household and/or IP address.
4. TIMING: The drawing begins at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on October 1, 2014 and ends 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on October 31, 2014.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, participants must register, during the time period set forth above, on the ITworld Web site to receive one entry in the drawing. There's only one method of entry into this drawing, an online method. No other methods of entry will be accepted.
6.PRIZE: Five (5) prizes (Programming in C, 4th Edition) with the value of approximately $53.99 will be awarded ("Prize"). The winners will be randomly selected among eligible entries. A random drawing will be conducted on or about November 1, 2014. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. The Prize is non-transferable. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that a Prize or part thereof cannot be awarded for any reason; in such event, Sponsor will in its sole discretion award a substitute Prize or part thereof of equal or greater value. A Prize winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including where applicable, sales tax) due with respect to a Prize awarded to him/her, as well as all applicable fees and expenses related to the acceptance, award, and use of a Prize.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION; CLAIMING OF PRIZE: The winners of the Prize will be notified via e-mail sent to the address specified on the registration. The winners will be required to respond to the e-mail to claim the prize If the winner does not respond within 3 days of Sponsor’s attempted e-mail notification, an additional notification will be sent to the winner by e-mail. If the required response is not obtained from the selected winner by the date specified in the second e-mail notification, or if the selected winner is ineligible or otherwise fails to properly claim the Prize, a replacement winner will be chosen from eligible entries. The process will be repeated until the Prize is awarded.
8. DISCLAIMERS: By entering this drawing, participants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these official rules, or the drawing itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Participants agree that ITworld, IDG Communications, Inc., Computerworld, Inc., and any of their affiliated companies, parent company, and any co-Sponsors of the drawing shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance or use of Prize, participation in the drawing, or any technical malfunctions of any kind, including but not limited to: the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any misdirected entries, or delayed data transmissions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, under no circumstances shall the above referenced entities be liable for an amount of damages in excess of the value of the Prize(s) awarded hereunder, nor for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages. The Prize shall be provided on an "AS-IS" basis without warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or usability by a winner. IT IS PARTICIPANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INFORMATION WHICH MAY ACCOMPANY THE PRIZE.
9. MODIFICATION OF THE OFFICIAL RULES; CANCELLATION OF DRAWING: Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Official Rules in any way, or at any time. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the drawing at any time. If any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the drawing, Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award the Prize from among eligible entries received prior to such action. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any incomplete, illegible, corrupted, misdirected or late entry is void. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of online entry form will be accepted. ITworld will not acknowledge receipt of entry. All entries become the property of ITworld and will not be returned.
10. Governing Law; Alternative Dispute Resolution: Participant agrees that any dispute arising out of this drawing shall be resolved individually without class action and exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Any disputes (excluding disputes where a party is seeking preliminary or permanent injunctive relief or a temporary restraining order) that may arise out of this drawing shall first be submitted to mediation before a mediator appointed by the American Arbitration Association in Boston, MA pursuant to its rules of mediation. If a good faith attempt by both parties and the American Arbitration Association fails to accomplish a resolution, then after fully exhausting the mediation remedy, the matter shall be submitted to the American Arbitration Association for binding arbitration in Boston, MA pursuant to it rules of arbitration.
11. GENERAL TERMS: To obtain a copy of the winner's list, send your request, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to: ITworld, 1 Speen St., Framingham, MA 01701, Attention: Jodie Naze. Winner’s list requests must reference the entry deadline for the drawing.