- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: October 2010
Bio: Ryan Faas is an award winning technology author, trainer, and consultant who specializes in multi-platform desktop (Apple, Microsoft, Linux) and mobile technology. His most recent book is "iPhone for Work" (Apress 2009). You can find more information about Ryan's published works and training/consulting services at www.ryanfass.com.
Areas of Interest:
- In this era of BYOD, IT shops should talk to employees about how to bolster security.
6 weeks 2 days ago
- Long-time Apple columnist Ryan Faas got his hands on a Lumia 520 running Windows 8.1 -- and liked what he found.
9 weeks 1 day ago
- With its Enterprise Mobility Suite, Microsoft will make it easier for companies to manage a range of devices, including those running Apple's iOS and Google's Android. It's a smart move, says columnist Ryan Faas.
14 weeks 22 hours ago
- A look back at the high points -- and some low ones -- in the evolution of the Mac since 1984.
24 weeks 12 hours ago
- Now that OS X Mavericks Server has some new enterprise-oriented features and the updated Mac Pro has finally arrived, it's time to ask whether Apple is edging back into the data center, says columnist Ryan Faas.
24 weeks 2 days ago
- The new mobile OS arrives Sept. 18 with enterprise single sign-on.
42 weeks 4 days ago
- It's been one step forward, two steps back over the past 15 years for Apple and enterprise customers.
46 weeks 2 days ago
- Consumers and business users alike will find things to love about OS X Mavericks and iOS 7, says columnist Ryan Faas. But for enterprise IT pros, this week's announcements are a mixed bag.
1 year 3 weeks ago
- Although Apple and Samsung claim they can keep their component and manufacturing relationship separate from the patent claims and counterclaims they've filed against each other around the world, it's no secret that Apple is slowly replacing Samsung as a supplier of components for its various products -- most notably the
1 year 29 weeks ago
- Apple's invitation to Tuesday's announcement promised "a little more to show you." In staging an Apple event on Tuesday to unveil the long-awaited iPad Mini (and, perhaps, updated iMacs and MacBook Airs), Apple is
1 year 37 weeks ago
- While virtually every detail about the iPhone 5 was known before last week's launch event, Apple managed to keep details about iOS 6 (other than those highlighted at its annual developers conference in June) quiet.
1 year 41 weeks ago
- Now that Apple has officially unveiled the iPhone 5, the big question for business users and IT professionals is how it -- and to a broader degree, iOS 6 --
1 year 42 weeks ago
- One of the facets of the federal government's National Broadband Plan is the National Broadband Map. With this map, you can compare wireless data performance for all carriers anywhere in the country as well as find your best wired Internet options.
3 years 19 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.