- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Areas of Interest:
- Will the Linux Foundation's new OpenDaylight project change the world like Linux has?
35 weeks 2 days ago
- I use Google Docs as part of my day job. On one recent morning I accessed a file and updated it but when I went back a short time later I got a "502" error page -- something had gone amok in Google land. Everything seemed to work when I tried a few hours later, but the incident was a forceful reminder of one of the important features of cloud services -- when they go down so do you.
38 weeks 1 day ago
- Scott Bradner wrote Critical infrastructure protection: Maybe thinking good thoughts will make us safePresident Obama has followed the Senate's lead and wimped out on protecting our critical infrastructure
42 weeks 2 days ago
- Not much positive has happened in the United States on the online privacy front, but there is a lot going on in Europe
44 weeks 2 days ago
- What can we expect over this new year? For one thing, those that want to change the Internet to make it fit the mold established by telephone companies a hundred years ago will not stop their efforts.
48 weeks 2 days ago
- The Internet as we know it might never have happened if the Comite Consultatif International Telephonique et Telegraphique (CCITT) had not turned down the offer of TCP/IP from Vint Cerf and other Internet pioneers about 35 years ago.
1 year 2 weeks ago
- Regular as clockwork -- just after an election which generated far too many stories of people waiting far too long to vote (and far too many local election officials saying that everything went fine and that there were no problems) -- come the calls for voting via the Internet.
1 year 4 weeks ago
- There has been a lot of speculation as to how a jury could have come up with such a one-sided verdict in as complicated and long a case as Apple vs. Samsung.
1 year 14 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.