Nation in danger from millions of gamers not yet exposed to CoD:Modern Warfare 3

Bulletproof evidence it's the lack of violent video games that drives fans to violence


A North Kansas City man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly deciding it would be faster to try to steal a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 at gunpoint rather than wait in line to buy it for himself.

The incident was at least the third armed robbery committed by fans or entrepreneurs waiting a little too eagerly for the release of the game at midnight Tuesday.

The first two incidents were similar hijackings of delivery vans distributing the then-unreleased game to stores so it could be ready to go on sale.

In the first incident, two men ambushed a van delivering copies of the game, blocking its way on a Paris street while two masked men emerged waving knives and throwing tear gas to incapacitate the drivers, making off with the van's cargo of games. A second group of men hijacked a different van in a suburb north and west of Paris later that day.

The hijackers made off with more than 6,000 copies of the game, worth a reported $550,000 in all.

While dramatic and effective, the two hijackings lack the teen-angsty histrionics of 31-year-old Loromin Sar, who went ballistic Tuesday after being told the Best Buy from which he claimed to have pre-ordered the game had run out of copies.

Sar screamed at customer-service-desk workers and threatened to lie in wait and shoot them as they tried to leave work later.

As he left, Sar allegedly told the company of clerks he would be back with explosives to blow up the store.

Police, identified his car from descriptions from witnesses, pulled Sar over and arrested him before he reached home.

"Give me the game." "#%&@ you!"—Fight.

The Kansas City incident involved only one game and no weapons of mass destruction, but was notable for the distance one attacker tracked a randomly chosen victim.

According to police reports that allegedly include a confession from the robber, 18-year-old David Morales was frustrated by the long line of customers who had beat him to a Game Stop in North Kansas City neighborhood just after midnight Tuesday.

Join us:






Answers - Powered by ITworld

Ask a Question