- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Areas of Interest:
- Ever wish you could get your hands on the software that NASA used to launch its Apollo lunar missions or to get robots working on Mars? If so, NASA has something for you.
1 week 13 hours ago
- Google is looking to push its wearable computer Glass into the enterprise.
1 week 14 hours ago
- Scientists are working with nanoballoons that are popped by lasers to target chemotherapy treatments directly at cancerous tumors.
1 week 4 days ago
- Some day, if there's a fire on a U.S. naval ship, a humanoid robot may rush in to put it out.
2 weeks 8 hours ago
- A pair of robotic legs will be heading to the International Space Station.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- MIT researchers have created a soft, autonomous robotic fish that can change direction in a fraction of a second -- nearly as fast as a real fish can.
4 weeks 8 hours ago
- NASA, Google testing D-Wave machine while debate rages over whether it's really quantum computing.
4 weeks 18 hours ago
- With robots becoming increasingly powerful, intelligent and autonomous, a scientist at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute says it's time to start making sure they know the difference between good and evil.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- Los Alamos scientists are working on a 'metallic' glass that could be used in tablets, spacecraft and golf clubs.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Got great ideas to solve world problems? Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt just might give you a lot of money for them.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- Virginia Tech scientists study bats' flexibility, control to help in creation of micro flying bots.
7 weeks 4 days ago
- Google teams up with Foxconn to trade robotic tech for robotic manufacturing, says report.
9 weeks 8 hours ago
- IBM wins $3M contract to build sensors and phones, that can be triggered to self-destruct.
9 weeks 4 days ago
- Google is opening the door wider to the enterprise, launching a videoconferencing tool designed to make it easier and cheaper to have face-to-face meetings with far-flung co-workers.
9 weeks 4 days ago
- With the purchase of artificial intelligence company DeepMind Technologies, Google may be taking steps to add extra smarts to everything from search to robots to the Internet of Things.
11 weeks 1 day ago
- Scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory are working on a project that envisions a team of small satellites acting as traffic cops in space
11 weeks 6 days ago
- MIT scientists said they used nanotechnology to develop a thin plastic coating that can be applied to glass and used to display navigation or dashboard information while looking through the windshield of a car or plane, or to project video onto a window or a pair of eyeglasses.
12 weeks 7 hours ago
- NASA researchers are working on a whole new kind of robot - one that is spherical, travels by rolling and could land on a planet by simply hitting the surface and bouncing.
14 weeks 1 day ago
- Lizard-like robots with sticky feet may one day work on spacecraft like the International Space Station, saving astronauts from making as many dangerous spacewalks.
14 weeks 4 days ago
- Facebook is being sued for allegedly intercepting users' private messages, following links and sharing the information with advertisers and marketers, but analysts doubt the accusations will be enough to make users abandon the social networking site.
14 weeks 4 days ago
- Google Glass wearable computer also gets new music, YouTube features and an iOS app.
17 weeks 3 hours ago
- Yahoo says its engineers are 'making steady progress,' but the system still isn't fully restored.
17 weeks 1 day ago
- High-profile execs may be hesitant to risk gaffs on sites like Twitter or Google+, analysts say.
18 weeks 4 days ago
- Military expects to soon be using autonomous robots to carry soldiers' gear and scan for enemy combatants.
21 weeks 5 days ago
- After weeks of speculation about Google's mysterious barges docked in San Francisco and Portland, Maine, the company Wednesday shined a bit of light on them.
22 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 14
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.