- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Areas of Interest:
- Military expects to soon be using autonomous robots to carry soldiers' gear and scan for enemy combatants.
3 weeks 10 hours ago
- After weeks of speculation about Google's mysterious barges docked in San Francisco and Portland, Maine, the company Wednesday shined a bit of light on them.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- With speculation swirling that two mysterious barges on either side of the U.S. are evidence Google's working on floating data centers, analysts say the company would have a lot of obstacles to overcome for that idea to become a reality.
5 weeks 2 days ago
- Google is looking to triple the number of people testing Glass before the official rollout of the wearable computers next year.
5 weeks 3 days ago
- Social collaboration turns to secure texting to keep workers connected.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- The U.S. Army, looking to use more robots on the battlefield, this week is getting a peek at just how ready robots are to become trusted parts of the military.
8 weeks 21 hours ago
- Facebook's feeble offering offers a cautionary tale on how not to take a popular company public.
8 weeks 3 days ago
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg said today that women need to stick together, support each other and be willing to talk about gender to bolster the number of women in the tech industry.
9 weeks 1 day ago
- Stanford breakthrough could affect everything from smartphones to laptops, cars and smart eyeglasses.
9 weeks 3 days ago
- The venture, dubbed Google for Entrepreneurs Tech Hub Network, is focused on connecting emerging local tech companies and leaders with each other, as well as with resources at Google.
10 weeks 1 day ago
- To develop tiny flying robots that are agile and can navigate on their own, researchers in Australia are turning to the honeybee.
11 weeks 2 days ago
- Google is buying the mobile startup Bump Technologies, makers of the popular app that enables users to transfer photos, videos and files just by bumping their phones together.
11 weeks 3 days ago
- With Facebook recovering from its lackluster IPO there's less tarnish for Twitter, analysts say.
11 weeks 6 days ago
- Satellites the size of shoe boxes, which are expected to one day let researchers explore space more economically, will soon have a much longer reach.
12 weeks 2 days ago
- For the first time since 2011, Yahoo topped Internet behemoth Google in Web traffic last month, according to Internet tracker comScore Inc.
15 weeks 13 hours ago
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's plan to connect five billion people to the Internet is feasible, anlysts said today. But it it could take 20 years to complete.
15 weeks 1 day ago
- Google sources have backed away from earlier projections that the company's Glass wearable computer would ship later this year.
15 weeks 3 days ago
- Google's monthly update for its wearable computer, Glass, is giving users more voice commands, along with movie and restaurant information and emergency alerts.
16 weeks 3 days ago
- The U.S. Army wants to move from using robots as tools to creating a human-robot cooperative that will make machines trusted members of the military.
19 weeks 22 hours ago
- The world's largest social network announced on Sunday that it has more than 100 million monthly users for its Facebook For Every Phone, a streamlined app for non-smartphones.
19 weeks 2 days ago
- Google, and its bevy of services, including Gmail, search, YouTube and Maps, account for 25% of all Internet traffic in North America, on average, according to Deepfield, an Internet monitoring company.
19 weeks 2 days ago
- Two NASA spacecraft, flying millions of miles away from home, have sent back portraits of Earth.
19 weeks 2 days ago
- After a year with Marissa Mayer at the helm, Yahoo is no longer seen as a 'dead company walking,' according to one analyst.
20 weeks 1 day ago
- Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago wanted to know how smart a top artificial intelligence system actually is. So they gave it an IQ test.
20 weeks 3 days ago
- It may not quite be a character out of The Terminator, but university scientists have developed a way to use 3D printing to create structures made out of liquid metal.
20 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 13
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.