- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Areas of Interest:
- Los Alamos scientists are working on a 'metallic' glass that could be used in tablets, spacecraft and golf clubs.
4 days 10 hours ago
- Got great ideas to solve world problems? Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt just might give you a lot of money for them.
1 week 6 days ago
- Virginia Tech scientists study bats' flexibility, control to help in creation of micro flying bots.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- Google teams up with Foxconn to trade robotic tech for robotic manufacturing, says report.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- IBM wins $3M contract to build sensors and phones, that can be triggered to self-destruct.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- Google is opening the door wider to the enterprise, launching a videoconferencing tool designed to make it easier and cheaper to have face-to-face meetings with far-flung co-workers.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- With the purchase of artificial intelligence company DeepMind Technologies, Google may be taking steps to add extra smarts to everything from search to robots to the Internet of Things.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory are working on a project that envisions a team of small satellites acting as traffic cops in space
6 weeks 4 days ago
- MIT scientists said they used nanotechnology to develop a thin plastic coating that can be applied to glass and used to display navigation or dashboard information while looking through the windshield of a car or plane, or to project video onto a window or a pair of eyeglasses.
6 weeks 5 days ago
- NASA researchers are working on a whole new kind of robot - one that is spherical, travels by rolling and could land on a planet by simply hitting the surface and bouncing.
8 weeks 6 days ago
- Lizard-like robots with sticky feet may one day work on spacecraft like the International Space Station, saving astronauts from making as many dangerous spacewalks.
9 weeks 2 days ago
- Facebook is being sued for allegedly intercepting users' private messages, following links and sharing the information with advertisers and marketers, but analysts doubt the accusations will be enough to make users abandon the social networking site.
9 weeks 2 days ago
- Google Glass wearable computer also gets new music, YouTube features and an iOS app.
11 weeks 5 days ago
- Yahoo says its engineers are 'making steady progress,' but the system still isn't fully restored.
11 weeks 6 days ago
- High-profile execs may be hesitant to risk gaffs on sites like Twitter or Google+, analysts say.
13 weeks 2 days ago
- Military expects to soon be using autonomous robots to carry soldiers' gear and scan for enemy combatants.
16 weeks 3 days ago
- After weeks of speculation about Google's mysterious barges docked in San Francisco and Portland, Maine, the company Wednesday shined a bit of light on them.
17 weeks 4 days ago
- With speculation swirling that two mysterious barges on either side of the U.S. are evidence Google's working on floating data centers, analysts say the company would have a lot of obstacles to overcome for that idea to become a reality.
18 weeks 5 days ago
- Google is looking to triple the number of people testing Glass before the official rollout of the wearable computers next year.
18 weeks 6 days ago
- Social collaboration turns to secure texting to keep workers connected.
20 weeks 4 days ago
- The U.S. Army, looking to use more robots on the battlefield, this week is getting a peek at just how ready robots are to become trusted parts of the military.
21 weeks 3 days ago
- Facebook's feeble offering offers a cautionary tale on how not to take a popular company public.
21 weeks 6 days ago
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg said today that women need to stick together, support each other and be willing to talk about gender to bolster the number of women in the tech industry.
22 weeks 4 days ago
- Stanford breakthrough could affect everything from smartphones to laptops, cars and smart eyeglasses.
22 weeks 6 days ago
- The venture, dubbed Google for Entrepreneurs Tech Hub Network, is focused on connecting emerging local tech companies and leaders with each other, as well as with resources at Google.
23 weeks 4 days ago
- 1 of 13
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.