- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: August 2011
Areas of Interest:
- I’ve never used employee monitoring software, but we’ve added a few people to my business and I feel like it is something I should at least consider. What features are important to look for when choosing employee monitoring software?
5 weeks 2 days ago
- When using two routers in an office, one for WLAN and the other as a bridge, what should their NAT settings be? All on, all off, or one on and one off?
6 weeks 3 days ago
- Microsoft has a 10 yeal support lifecycle for Windows, as XP users have more or less learned at this point.
8 weeks 6 days ago
- After years of the wireless industry arguing against having kill switches in smartphones and opposing regulations that would mandate it, there was an announcement that kill switches would be in devices starting in 2015.
14 weeks 3 days ago
- I see nandroid backup mentioned when people talk about rooting their Android phones. What is this, and how does it work?
15 weeks 2 days ago
- When looking at the resource monitor on my Windows 7 PC, I see a lot of “hard faults/sec.” What is causing this and is it something to be concerned about? It certainly doesn’t sound like a good thing.
16 weeks 6 days ago
- What length of PC lifecycle have you found works best? I’m at a smaller business, so expense is always a concern, but I don’t want to be penny wise and pound foolish by extending the service life so long that upgrades and repairs make any savings an illusion.
21 weeks 4 days ago
- With Dreamweaver CS3, how can I apply a template to a page that is already fully designed without ending up with one design inside of the other?
23 weeks 5 days ago
- What is the most effective way to respond to negative online reviews of your business? Do you ignore it, or attempt to respond and address the issue?
24 weeks 5 days ago
- A new intern just started at my office today and showed up with a MacBook. That’s great, but everything here is Windows, and I don’t know anything about Macs, and it turns out that the intern doesn’t either. How do I set it up to connect it to our network? This is a small office - I’m using my desktop as our server.
26 weeks 6 days ago
- What types of links should I use no-follow tags with for best SEO results?
28 weeks 2 days ago
- SilverHawk asks Why does Dreamweaver CS3 tell me that my file is located outside of the root folder?I’m using Dreamweaver CS3 on a Windows PC, and I sometimes get the message that my file is located outside of the root folder. What is causing this and how should I handle it?
29 weeks 2 days ago
- I had never heard of XBRL until recently. I didn’t even know what XBRL was until this week. Turns out it is eXtensable Business Reporting Language, and is used on websites to comply with financial reporting laws.
32 weeks 4 days ago
- As a small business owner, I view Black Friday a little differently than many people. For me, instead of a Christmas buying opportunity, it is a chance to buy some office equipment for the next year. Any suggestions for sale items on this Black Friday that I can justify as at least somewhat work related?
34 weeks 6 days ago
- We are relocating to a new location, and will need to set up a new network. We currently have a wireless network, which has generally served up pretty well. We will probably have about 15-20 people in the new location.
37 weeks 4 days ago
- What is a good place to get stock photos for use on websites? I’d rather use images that are free, of course, but if the fees aren’t too high I don’t mind paying a little. Any sources that stand out?
42 weeks 5 days ago
- I’ve sideloaded a number of apps that were officially incompatible with my Android phone, with mixed results; sometimes they actually work fine, sometimes I get to spend some time with Titanium Backup to restore the device. I’m ok with this, and realize I risk bricking my phone, but it is old enough that I don’t mind taking the chance.
43 weeks 4 days ago
- My Windows 7 laptop is getting a little old, but it still has some life left in it. It was never all that fast to boot up, but it’s gotten even slower over the years. How can I speed up boot time so I’m not just sitting there staring at it and thinking about getting a new laptop?
47 weeks 2 days ago
- How can you set up bitcoins as a payment method on a website?
50 weeks 5 days ago
- Even though Windows 8 has been released long enough for a significant update already, I still have Windows 7 at both my home and office. Hey, I may be behind the times, but at least I’m not still using Windows XP. What is the single biggest improvement in Windows 8 to someone migrating from Windows 7?
51 weeks 6 days ago
- Ummm, yeah? I don’t really know how awesome Microsoft’s new logo really is. How many people even notice the relatively subtle change? It’s ok, it is still instantly recognizable, and I guess it does look a little more up to date.
1 year 5 days ago
- I’ve been a Facebook user for many years now. I’m somewhat familiar with the concept of Tweeting - it’s like posting to the news feed on Facebook.
1 year 6 weeks ago
- I was looking into adding a few more lines to my business. We have been doing quite well and we only have two phones. Unfortunately, a lot of calls seem to be missed. Our voicemail will pick up but only if one (or both) of the lines is not in use.
1 year 8 weeks ago
- I was thinking of adding some fairly short informational audio tracks to our website - maybe moving into weekly podcasting if it gets any traction. What is the best audio format choice for file size, decent audio, and compatibility with different OSes?
1 year 10 weeks ago
- I've read that there is a slight space, or "air gap" between the lcd and glass that make up the display on iPads. Presumably, this gap causes two images that the eye must see at the same time and merge into one. Theoretically, this can cause unnecessary eye strain.
1 year 11 weeks ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.