December 15, 2011, 5:14 PM — In Linux Mint 12 you can use the right click desktop menu to create new folders and documents. Here's how you can add desktop launchers to that menu.
1. Open Gedit and paste this into a new document:
gnome-desktop-item-edit ~/Desktop/ --create-new
2. Save the document as "Create New Launcher" in the ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/ directory.
3. Go to your document in the directory above and then right click it.
4. Go to the permissions tab and check "Allow Executing File As Program."
5. Go back to your desktop, right click it and then choose Scripts from the menu. You'll see a new "Create New Launcher" option on the menu.
Now you can easily create new launchers on your Linux Mint 12 desktop.
For more, see the original article at the link below.
Linux Mint 12 Tips and Tricks | Linux Mint Forums