June 11, 2012, 7:40 PM — Trusted friends can help you recover your account if you ever get locked out. Here's how to set them up in your Facebook account.
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Click the arrow drop down menu in the upper right corner of the Facebook web interface.
3. Go to Account Settings.
4. Click on the Security tab on the right side of the page.
5. Click the Edit button next to Trusted Friends.
6. Click the Choose Trusted Friends link to pick your friends.
7. Enter your Facebook password and then click the Confirm button.
8. You can choose 3 to 5 rusted friends.
9. Click the checkbox next to each name, then click the Continue button.
If you are ever locked out of your account, Facebook will send your trusted friends a security code to help you recover your account.