June 12, 2012, 2:40 PM — Here's how you can turn on Facebook Mobile so you can receive text notifications on your cell phone.
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Click the arrow drop down menu in the upper right corner of the Facebook web interface.
3. Go to Account Settings.
4. Click the Mobile tab on the left.
5. Click the Add A Phone button.
6. Choose your country and mobile carrier, then click the Next button.
7. The next screen will tell you how to send a text to Facebook to receive a confirmation code.
8. You also have the option of sharing your phone number with your Facebook friends, and allowing them to text you from Facebook.
9. Facebook will send you a confirmation code that you can enter into confirmation code box.