June 12, 2012, 2:56 PM — Here's how you can let people subscribe to your public Facebook posts. These folks won't be added as friends, but they will be able to see your public posts.
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Click the arrow drop down menu in the upper right corner of the Facebook web interface.
3. Go to Account Settings.
4. Click the Subscribers tab on the left.
5. To allow subscribers, click the checkbox next to the "Subscribers will receive your public posts..." message.
6. If you aren't sure if you want to allow subscribers, click the Learn More link to see a page with details about how the Facebook subscribers feature works.
Here are some common questions and answers from that page:
"Why do all my friends have a 'Subscribed' button?
You've always been subscribed to your friends. With the Subscribe button, you can choose which of their updates you get.
Why don't all profiles have a Subscribe button?
Only people who allow subscribers will have a Subscribe button on their profile. If you don't see the button, you can't subscribe.
How do people subscribe to my updates?
After you allow subscribers, a Subscribe button will show up on your profile. Your public updates will appear in people's News Feeds once they click this button.
If I allow subscribers, what updates will they see?
Subscribers can see only the things you share publicly. They can also choose how many and what types of these public updates they get."