June 18, 2012, 4:56 PM — Here's how you can set up a Smart Album in iPhoto '11. Smart Albums are photo albums that iPhoto keeps updated for you automatically, using attributes that you specify when you create them.
1. Open the iPhoto '11 application.
2. Click on File in the menu bar.
3. Click on New Smart Album.
4. Name your new Smart Album.
5. Click the drop down menus to choose the criteria for your new Smart Album.
6. After you've made your choices, click the OK button.
7. Your new Smart Album will appear in your source list, in the left side of the iPhoto window.
8. Click your new Smart Album to see all of the photos in your library that meet the criteria you set.
For more, see the original article at the link below.