June 26, 2012, 5:33 PM — Here's how you can easily "pin" apps to specific desktops in OS X. This makes it easy to use a desktop for a particular task.
1. Go to the desktop where you want to pin the application.
2. Find the application on the Dock.
3. Right-click the application in the dock to see the menu.
4. Go to Options on the popup menu.
5. Choose "This Desktop" to force the application to run on your chosen desktop.
Now each time you open the app, or click on it in the Dock, you'll be taken to your specified desktop. Pinning apps can really help your workflow. Once you get used to using apps on their own desktops, you probably won't want to go back to having a bunch of apps all running on the same desktop.
For more, see the original article at the link below.