July 16, 2012, 8:12 PM — Here's how you can quickly move the notification popup in Linux Mint 13 MATE to a more prominent part of your desktop.
1. Hit Alt+F2.
2. Type in "mate-notification-preferences" and hit enter.
3. The Notification Settings windo will appear.
4. Click the Position drop down menu to change the position of the notification settings window.
5. Click the Preview button to check the placement.
6. Click the Close button when you are satisfied with the placement.
For more, see the original article at the link below.
Some tweaking tips for Linux Mint 13 - MATE edition | Linux and Life