August 21, 2012, 3:54 PM — Here's how you can boot into the Desktop and skip the Start Screen in Windows 8.
1. Go to the Start Screen.
2. Right click any empty space.
3. Click on the All Apps link.
4. Click on the Run command under Windows System.
5. Type regedit and then click the OK button.
6. Go to this registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogin
7. On the right side of the registry you'll see the Shell key that defaults to explorer.exe.
8. Change the Shell key to either of the following:
9. Exit the registry.
10. Restart your Windows 8 computer.
You should see the Start Screen briefly when starting up Windows 8, but you'll be taken right to the desktop.
For more, see the original article at the link below.
Boot Windows 8 to Desktop Instead of Start Screen | Help Desk Geek