- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: July 2011
Areas of Interest:
- I’m a big fan of a lot of more obscure Japanese games that never make it to the US. I’ve actually imported consoles before so that I could play Japanese only releases, but that is an expensive option. Is the PS4 region locked, or can it play games from all regions (US, Japan, Europe)?
3 weeks 2 days ago
- I think a solid, logical URL structure is often overlooked. By clearly communicating the hierarchy of each page on a website, it makes it easier for search engines to properly determine the relevancy of a page to a specific search.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- I’m not quite ready to spend $500-$600 for a new Sony Playstation 4 or Microsoft XBox One (cost of system+tax+one game). Maybe in a year or so. The Wii U doesn’t have a lot of games I really want that I can’t already get on my PS3, although there are a few Nintendo exclusives that I would like to play.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- stephenb asks How to use older audio systems with LED TVs that only have optical digital audio output?I was setting up a new LED TV for use with my tablet, laptop and PS3, and had planned to hook it up to a Bose Wave for better sound. However, the inputs on the Bose are RCA jacks and the audio output on the TV is a Optical Digital Audio Out. Is there a way to connect the two?
7 weeks 5 days ago
- How do you import LinkedIn contacts to the Windows 8 People List?
8 weeks 5 days ago
- I guess the main things are the relative lack of scalability that makes it challenging when your network undergoes significant growth. Also, many times I’ve seen the same machine being used as a network server and an individual workstation, which pretty much sucks for the person whose computer is both their PC and the network server.
8 weeks 5 days ago
- I’m afraid to use window cleaner on it, and just rubbing it with a clean cloth doesn’t do much beyond smearing around the fingerprints and other stuff that is already on there. I know there is screen cleaner (which I don’t have at the moment), but is that snake oil, or really a different product than glass/window cleaners.
9 weeks 3 days ago
- It’s easy to add words, but unless Microsoft has changed something recently, it is not possible to add “Rated R” words. Mother Microsoft just says, "Nope. You can’t add them." Microsoft does not like blue language and therefore you should not either.
12 weeks 3 days ago
- It has been a long time since I have bought an electronic device that was made in the US of A, but Motorola has started manufacturing the Moto X in Texas. Well, perhaps manufacturing is too strong of a word, but they have started assembling them at least. Is it worth it for Motorola to do this?
12 weeks 3 days ago
- If you are running Ubuntu, can you still mount an Android tablet using a USB cable so that you can access files the same way you can with a Windows PC? It's a first gen Nexus 7, if that makes a difference.
14 weeks 5 days ago
- For a small business with a limited budget, what would be a good way to go about usability testing for a new website?
16 weeks 6 days ago
- I think you just demonstrated the value of this effort by asking that question. As you noted, it generated press attention on NPR and other news outlets, so just by announcing the change, the company has increased the number of people talking about it.
17 weeks 2 days ago
- Since Elliot Kember posted about the way the Chrome browser stores user passwords (plain text), there have been a flood of articles on the subject.
17 weeks 4 days ago
- Can I “undo” something that I made an error on without “undoing” all the things I did after the original mistake (using the Undo function) in Office 2013?
21 weeks 6 days ago
- Which is the better choice for SMB advertising - Google Display (on websites) or AdWords (in Google search results)?
22 weeks 5 days ago
- stephenb asks Will running two different graphics cards for two monitors improve performance over using a single graphics card?I have an Asus HD7770-2GD5 with two monitors currently. If I ran two graphics cards instead of the single card, would there be any noticeable benefit? It’s for my home pc, which I use for the usual household tasks, as well as do some gaming, and I like a smooth 60fps, which the Asus seems to do pretty well so far.
25 weeks 2 days ago
- What’s the difference between OpenFlow and SDN (Software Defined Networking)? Are they two terms for the same thing?
26 weeks 6 days ago
- No, as Christopher said, it won't void your warranty. But keep in mind that if you damage anything while installing it, that obviously would be not covered though AppleCare, nor will the parts that you install.
31 weeks 4 days ago
- Office is apparently not coming out this year for the iPad. I would prefer to stick with Office, since that's what I've used for years and my desktop is a Windows PC, but since that's not happening for a while, what is a good alternative productivity suite?
32 weeks 5 days ago
- I have to give Facebook credit for making this pretty easy. 1. Log on to Facebook, go into your settings and choose "Account Settings." 2. At the bottom of "General Account Settings" there should be a small link that reads "Download a copy of your Facebook data." Click that.
35 weeks 4 days ago
- I've never used Bitcoin before, but I've been hearing a lot about it recently. I have two questions. One, is it safe to use, or are there a lot of Bitcoin scams? Two, is there a good primer on exactly how the system works?
36 weeks 2 days ago
- We still had a few CRTs that we just replaced with flat screen LCD monitors , and I thought that I would just store them away for backups, since they all still work (and I wouldn't have to do anything else with them, to be honest).
37 weeks 3 days ago
- I have an LG Android phone that I am replacing, and want to get a few bucks out of it by selling it used. What do I need to do to make sure that it doesn't have any of my personal info on it before I send it off to whatever John Doe buys it?
40 weeks 6 days ago
- There are a few different ways you can go about it. http://askubuntu.com/questions/17610/how-do-i-reset-my-unity-configuration
41 weeks 4 days ago
- What are the most effective methods or tools for measuring cloud resiliency?
46 weeks 4 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.