- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: July 2011
Areas of Interest:
- No, as Christopher said, it won't void your warranty. But keep in mind that if you damage anything while installing it, that obviously would be not covered though AppleCare, nor will the parts that you install.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Office is apparently not coming out this year for the iPad. I would prefer to stick with Office, since that's what I've used for years and my desktop is a Windows PC, but since that's not happening for a while, what is a good alternative productivity suite?
4 weeks 3 days ago
- I have to give Facebook credit for making this pretty easy. 1. Log on to Facebook, go into your settings and choose "Account Settings." 2. At the bottom of "General Account Settings" there should be a small link that reads "Download a copy of your Facebook data." Click that.
7 weeks 2 days ago
- I've never used Bitcoin before, but I've been hearing a lot about it recently. I have two questions. One, is it safe to use, or are there a lot of Bitcoin scams? Two, is there a good primer on exactly how the system works?
8 weeks 5 hours ago
- We still had a few CRTs that we just replaced with flat screen LCD monitors , and I thought that I would just store them away for backups, since they all still work (and I wouldn't have to do anything else with them, to be honest).
9 weeks 1 day ago
- I have an LG Android phone that I am replacing, and want to get a few bucks out of it by selling it used. What do I need to do to make sure that it doesn't have any of my personal info on it before I send it off to whatever John Doe buys it?
12 weeks 4 days ago
- There are a few different ways you can go about it. http://askubuntu.com/questions/17610/how-do-i-reset-my-unity-configuration
13 weeks 2 days ago
- What are the most effective methods or tools for measuring cloud resiliency?
18 weeks 2 days ago
- The three sites that come to mind immediately are Android Central, Phandroid, XDA developers (too technically oriented as a first step, and the forums can be pretty unforgiving of ignorance at times).
21 weeks 2 days ago
- When the iPhone 5 came out, there was some discussion about the lack of NFC. To paraphrase Edwin Sharp, NFC, what's it good for? I get that it can be used for mobile payments, but are there really any other uses for the technology?
26 weeks 2 days ago
- I've been thinking of getting a tablet, and I can either wait a bit longer for a Widows 8 tablet, or get a Windows RT tablet pretty much today. I haven't used Windows RT or Windows 8 except for Windows 8 beta on a laptop. The screenshots I've seen make the two look almost identical.
30 weeks 3 hours ago
- I have a bluetooth adapter I had been using sucessfully with my desktop's USB port, but after I got a USB hub because I need additional USB ports, everything works except the bluetooth adapter. What could cause the bluetooth adapter to not work with the hub when everything else does?
32 weeks 1 day ago
32 weeks 3 days ago
- I use FaceTime pretty often over WiFi at the moment, and apparently with iOS 6 it will work over 3G. FaceTime (any video calling really) is what I imagined the future would be when I was a kid; you whip out your communicator and have a real time face-to-face conversation with Dr. McCoy.
44 weeks 2 days ago
- Personally, I will not. While I suppose I do have some minimal concerns, I wouldn't consider the potential threat to be anything close to allowing Dropbox or something like that.
1 year 8 hours ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.