- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2012
Areas of Interest:
- Ok, so Windows 8 has not exactly met with universal love. I don’t hate it like some people, but in many ways I do still prefer Windows 7, and kept it on my laptop instead of upgrading. I expect that Microsoft will be making some changes to Windows 9 (or whatever they end up calling it). Any estimates on when it will be released?
1 week 1 day ago
- How quickly can data be transferred between the device and the drive? It sounds like a good idea, but I would hate for it to be like downloading a large file over a slow internet connection.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- How do I stop Chrome browser from automatically syncing my browser data when I log into my Google account?
7 weeks 1 day ago
- I know it will be a long time, perhaps never, before many of us with current Android devices get an upgrade to the newest version, but when is Android 4.4 KitKat going to be released?
8 weeks 1 day ago
- Perhaps I’m misunderstanding your question, but If you are not connected to the network, there is no way to monitor your activity over that network since there is no network activity on your part.
8 weeks 5 days ago
- Just start the People application, and using the add people pane on the left, select Add and Account and chose LinkedIn from the list. There will be a pop-up for you to enter your LinkedIn account and password, and it will ask you for permission for Windows to access LinkedIn.
8 weeks 5 days ago
- stylor asks Why are the drivers almost never up-to-date when Windows automatically searches for new drivers?I’ve wondered this for a long time. Microsoft would seem to be the perfect source for Windows drivers, yet when I update a driver and check the box for Windows to search automatically, it almost always returns an old, out of date driver. Why is this?
8 weeks 6 days ago
- I think most larger businesses are already well aware of cloud computing, and at least some of the theoretical benefits (lower infrastructure expense, greater scalability, etc.). Is there a single definition that you can pull out of your pocket like a frat boy using a one liner at a sorority party? Probably not.
10 weeks 5 hours ago
- Here is an article from CSO that identifies the top three issues (at least according to the author) as: Lack of visibility into network traffic. Security overhead negatively affects performance. Perimeter security. http://www.csoonline.com/article/701643/3-key-issues-for-secure-virtuali...
10 weeks 6 days ago
- Is there a way to monitor my bandwidth use with Skype?
12 weeks 3 days ago
- Is there any need for BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) on Android? What’s does BBM do that makes it better than other messaging options? There is talk of it coming to the Android platform, and I have to wonder how much demand there is for it at this point, but maybe I'm missing something since I never owned a BlackBerry.
13 weeks 6 days ago
- Are users still getting important patches if their version of Windows is in the extended support phase instead of mainstream support, like Windows Vista for example?
14 weeks 4 days ago
- There was a discussion about this a while back on DaniWeb. To give you a short summary, there is an app for that. Sorry, couldn't resist. Here is the discussion, links to the applications are there too.
14 weeks 5 days ago
- The easiest way is to select desktop view, then right click the toolbar and select “properties.” “Taskbar and navigation properties” will pop-up, then click the “navigation” tab. There you will see check boxes that let you disable the hot corners feature, or you could change it more to you liking.
14 weeks 5 days ago
- Don’t sweat it, just get a $10 third party adapter and give it a go.
15 weeks 5 days ago
- Are these permissions the same thing, or are there differences?
17 weeks 23 hours ago
- I don’t think it works the way it did before Excel 2013. Maybe there is a setting somewhere that I have missed too, but it seems like the feature has either been removed for some reason, or it is broken.
17 weeks 5 days ago
- They don’t overlap the way other channels do. Think of the channels as fm radio stations. If you wanted to listen to 106.5, for example, you would still probably pick up a signal at 106.4 or 100.6. The signal is so narrow as to limit itself precisely to the channel.
18 weeks 5 days ago
- I don’t really like the new inbox sorting that Google recently introduced in Gmail. Is there a way to disable it?
18 weeks 6 days ago
- I don’t know if I would call it particularly strong, but I would certainly say it is more stable than it has been over the past couple of years and looking better.
20 weeks 5 hours ago
- I agree with MichaelWilliams. As his answer pointed out, it is a marginal level of security, but far better than nothing. Enable MAC address filtering and disable SSID broadcasting, and I do think it would be borderline ok to continue to use for a home network. Not ideal though.
20 weeks 5 hours ago
- stylor answers Re: What’s the advantages/disadvantages between an upgrade installation vs a full installation of Windows Server?Nothing really comes to mind as a disadvantage to an upgrade install. An upgrade should carry over all of the data and configurations that were already installed (I think), so it can save you a fair amount of time and effort. Personally I would just do the upgrade. Make sure to back everything up first, though.
20 weeks 4 days ago
- I’ve been wanting a new tablet but have been holding out to see what the next generation Nexus 7 will have to offer. Is there any solid information on when Google plans to release it?
20 weeks 5 days ago
- Microsoft just announced a $150 cut for the Surface RT, but it runs RT instead of Windows 8. The new price point puts it in the realm of something I will actually consider, although I have been waiting for the next generation Nexus 7. If it ran Windows 8, I think I would go ahead and purchase it, but I’m not so sure about RT.
21 weeks 2 hours ago
- Access 2013 rounds entries in the number field automatically, so that when I type in, say, 99.83, it gets changed to 100. How can I make it leave the number as I enter it, with decimals?
21 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 3
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.