- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2012
Areas of Interest:
- These are devices that are in their developmental infancy.
22 weeks 4 days ago
- This is The End - after July 1, no more Google Reader (sniff, sniff). So if you haven’t exported your Reader data yet, time is short. Very, very short. What did people end up choosing as their replacement? I went with Feedly, but I’m still going to miss Google Reader.
22 weeks 6 days ago
- It looks like all the negative blog posts, articles and jokes on late night TV convinced MS to alter plans for the XBox One so that it won’t include the used game restrictions that had many people up in arms.
24 weeks 3 days ago
- stylor asks Will reports of how easy it was for GCHQ to intercept BlackBerry devices hurt the company?One of the recent revelations from Edward Snowden was that British spies intercepted G20 delegates’ BlackBerry messages and calls in real time at the 2009 summit.
24 weeks 6 days ago
- There certainly is a difference, but while AMOLED may look nice, they have had some issues in the past. I may get some flack for this, but Super AMOLED in some of the Galaxy models just didn’t look great when you viewed lower resolution images with the brightness turned down.
25 weeks 6 days ago
- Rack heights are usually given in “U”s. For example, pretty much all the racks in our office are 42U. Since they are pretty much exactly the same height as me, I’ve always pretty much thought of it as U = You, but obviously this doesn’t work if you are shorter/taller than me. Is there a conversion to a standard unit of measurement?
26 weeks 6 days ago
- It is sort of possible, at least at the moment. Apparently there is/was a way to do it by going straight to the URL where the streaming audio originates. Now that this is getting a fair amount of attention, I suspect it will be taken care of by Apple soon to make it impossible. Here is a walk-through from Buzzfeed.
27 weeks 4 days ago
- There are free options out there, but I can't give a knowledgeable recommendation as to which is good and which is not because I haven't personally tried any of the freeware options. You could always give one of the pay ones a try during the free trial period.
29 weeks 3 days ago
- My first thought was to disagree with your presumption about lack of willingness of people to surrender near total information about themselves by pointing to Google and/or Apple. However, the more I thought about it, the more flaws I saw in my comparison of those companies to Facebook.
30 weeks 2 days ago
- I have moved around quite a bit over the past 10 years; I've lived in 3 different cities in 2 countries, and during this period have been self-employed as well as working for 4 different companies. The truth is, I tend to get bored of a job after about a year, and start getting antsy for something new.
32 weeks 4 days ago
- After being pushed back last year, CISPA is back again. The head of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep.
36 weeks 5 days ago
- VMWare is using technology from one of it's recent acquisitions to add virtual networking into its existing products. I don't really have any experience with virtual networks - What are the expected benefits of deploying a virtual network?
37 weeks 6 days ago
- Google actually posted a photo of a version of Google Glass being worn with prescription glasses. So, to quote Google, "The short answer is: yes!"https://plus.google.com/+projectglass/posts/FnpcMY5rW6s
38 weeks 2 days ago
- I use Evernote for making lists, clipping things, etc., but it is overkill for a quick reminder to go by the bank or whatnot, plus I have to remember to check it.
39 weeks 2 days ago
- I didn't really hear anything that was all that exciting at the press conference. Price is a major issue, as Sony learned with the PS3, but they didn't provide any information about that. I do like the ability to save snippits of gameplay so that I can admire my awesomeness later.
41 weeks 3 days ago
- The FCC just proposed that free public WiFi networks be established in cities across the US. My initial reaction to reading that was, "Oh, yeah!" My follow-up reaction a few seconds later was, "Yeah, right."
43 weeks 6 days ago
- Yeah, but it's not only quantity of app, it is quality of apps.
44 weeks 3 days ago
- I want to make sure our website doesn't get dinged by search engines for duplicate content. How do you use canonical links to prevent it (and are they effective at that)?
45 weeks 2 days ago
- I would stick with DOC for resumes. Just don't get too cute with fonts and colors and such.
45 weeks 6 days ago
- There are three that I'm excited about. One - The Pebble Watch has finally reached the production stage, and I'm looking forward to my reward for backing their Kickstarter campaign when they start shipping The Pebble on January 23.
47 weeks 3 days ago
- The Surface Pro finally brings a full-fledge OS to the tablet universe, running Windows 8 instead of some dumbed down, hobbled OS that is consumer oriented and/or limited in flexibility (cough, cough, Windows RT). That isn't to say that tablets like the iPad of Nexus 7/10 don't have their uses, but they have inherent limitations.
47 weeks 3 days ago
- New Microsoft certifications are generally announced on Born to Learn.
47 weeks 3 days ago
- Google's Project Glass. I remember watching the Six Million Dollar Man as a kid, and while this may not give me the superhuman speed and strength of Steve Austin, being able to wear around glasses that augment reality (and let me call the local pizza place if I get a little peckish) is probably as close as I'm going to get.
48 weeks 3 days ago
- Sorry, but iPad doesn't offer multiuser support. I don't really understand why Apple decided not to include this feature. After all, think about how many times you see kids distracted by a smartphone or tablet so their parents can have a few quiet minutes to eat/talk/fly/etc.
48 weeks 4 days ago
- It may be a misinterpretation of the TOS. It is a little unclear what Instagram is actually saying. The Wall Street Journal had a piece about that yesterday: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/12/18/why-the-web-is-freaking-out-over-...
50 weeks 4 days ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.