- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2012
Areas of Interest:
- I was told that VoIP apps on Android phones are going to stop working in a few months. This is unwelcome news, since I depend on GrooveIP when I have WiFi to keep me under my monthly call limit. Is this true, and if so, why is it happening?
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Is there a way to use USB speakers to Airplay Music using Airport Express?
3 weeks 9 hours ago
- In short, RAW is a higher quality image at the cost of larger file size.
3 weeks 10 hours ago
- Other than Java, what programming languages would I need to know to build an Android app?
3 weeks 4 days ago
- tganley asks Does the use of Unicode symbols in emails improve the success of email marketing campaigns?One piece of advice I heard recently was to use Unicode symbols (examples: http://copypastecharacter.com/) for email marketing campaigns to make the emails stand out and get noticed. Has anyone tried this, and if so, have you noticed a difference in the campaign, for better or worse?
11 weeks 4 days ago
- The easiest way is to use a flash drive. Here is a step by step guide from Microsoft on how to create a USB recovery drive. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive
13 weeks 4 days ago
- No, you should not defragment SSDs, and if anyone is selling a “tool” for it, they are selling snake oil. SSDs are completely different from HDDs, and do not require it.
13 weeks 4 days ago
- How can I use an image for the background of a Word doc?
15 weeks 4 days ago
- Basically, fully charge it, use it until fully discharged, then fully charge it again. Apple has a quide if you want to read it in more detail, but fully charge>fully discharge>fully charge pretty much sums it up. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1490
16 weeks 1 day ago
- Can anyone recommend a good resource that helps you objectively determine whether cloud services will actually benefit your company?
20 weeks 4 days ago
- I need to send an occasional message using the Cyrillic Alphabet on my Lumia 920. Is there a way to add a Cyrillic keyboard to Windows 8 Phone?
23 weeks 1 day ago
- The easiest way is just to use Microsoft’s “Fix it 50763” for this. http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9781772
25 weeks 4 days ago
- Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to read PDF files on Windows phones? I’m looking at a Nokia Lumia 920, and I have to review files saved in PDF format pretty often when I'm out of the office, so it’s an important feature for me.
26 weeks 6 days ago
- I have Windows 8 (not Pro). Is there anyway to install Bitlocker, or do I have to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro to use it?
27 weeks 6 days ago
- Is there something new that AT&T is doing or adding to their service? What is the reason behind the additional $0.61 charge they are adding to wireless bills starting next month?
28 weeks 4 days ago
- Can I install apps directly from an SD card on a Windows Phone?
34 weeks 1 day ago
- tganley asks Will T-Mobile's move away from cellular contracts change the industry's business model?I was watching some YouTube at home last night and every other video had a 15 second T-Mobile ad telling me that they had rejected the traditional contract based business model. If I had to list things I hear people complaining about, their cell contracts would definitely make the Top 10 List.
34 weeks 4 days ago
- The primary advantage that HTC is claiming for the "ultrapixel" camera is that it is superior in low light. I haven't used a new One myself, but many of the reviews I've read don't seem to see a huge advantage.
34 weeks 4 days ago
- Click "Set up Backup" on the top right side of the Windows 7 File Recovery pop-up window. It should work the same way as it did with Windows 7 to make system image backups.
39 weeks 4 days ago
- Will a fax machine work ok with a SIP/VoIP telephone system?
41 weeks 6 days ago
- Is there a way to open multiple copies of a Word document at once on the same PC?
42 weeks 1 day ago
- Has the installed base of 5GHz client devices reached the point where it makes sense to have a 802.11a network (5GHz frequencies)?
44 weeks 1 day ago
- It's kinda hidden under your menu. It is in the extension manager. Click that tab and it will open up a large dialog box where you will see a "database" tab. Click on database, then just click the "fix" button on the top right side of that box (it looks like a circle/arrow recycle thingy). That should do it.
46 weeks 4 days ago
- There are a number of different programs that will let you do this: AthTek Skype Recorder, MX SkypeRecord, IMCapture, Skype Call Recorder, etc. If you are a Linux user, there is a nice video that runs through setup and use of Skype Call Recorder.
51 weeks 4 days ago
- The easiest way is just to go to www.evernote.com and log in to your account. Click settings and Bob's your uncle, your data use will be there around the middle of the page. I wish it was just there for you to see on your app or whatever you call a program these days.
1 year 20 hours ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.