- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: August 2011
Areas of Interest:
- It's actually called Device Firmware Update. Here is a step by step guide. It should be the same on the iPhone 4 as other iPhones. http://thebigboss.org/guides-iphone-ipod-ipad/dfu-mode
3 days 15 hours ago
- I'm not sure what caused it to start popping up, but it's been somewhat "popular" over the past couple of months. I found an answer from Microsoft that should help you fix it.
1 week 2 days ago
- If you use a Mac, you might also want to consider Pixelmator 2.2. At $15, it's cheaper than Photoshop, and is surprisingly powerful, while being easier to use than GIMP.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Why are Lithium Ion batteries not available in standard sizes (AAA, AA , C, etc.)? If they are the best choice for things like cell phones and laptops, wouldn't they also be suitable for use in other "normal" devices?
5 weeks 3 days ago
- TheCount answers Re: How will Yahoo's decision to end telecommuting affect wider adoption of the practice?I doubt it will have a major impact on other companies. There are a lot of different opinions about workers telecommuting already. I was reading Slate this morning, and there were two articles in the tech section.
12 weeks 1 day ago
- Just look at the top title bar of the document you have open. If you move the cursor over the title and there is a small triangle is to the right of it, and a menu pops up when you click the triangle, then the application supports the Auto Save and Versions feature.
13 weeks 6 days ago
- The main new thing I've seen that 2013 offers is improved support for tablets/touch screens, not surprising considering all the effort MS has put into its Surface Tablets.
15 weeks 6 days ago
- I think so, but this is probably RIM's last chance in the US. The US Government has also been a reliable source of sales in the past, but over the past year even they have been shedding BBs, despite the fact that POTUS is a well known BB user.
18 weeks 3 days ago
- Is there a way to record your calls over Skype?
23 weeks 14 hours ago
- There are both pay and free (or at least free to try) resources out there to check your site and provide feedback on optimization. A few that are online you might want to consider are Web Page Analyzer, Search Engine Rankings or Site Solutions.
23 weeks 3 days ago
- I'm doing a little Christmas shopping (sorry boss!), and I'm thinking about getting a portable game system for my kid. I'm looking at the Nintendo 3DS and the Sony Vita. Has anyone compared these two systems, and if so, which did you choose? Which would you buy for your kid, the Nintendo 3DS or the Sony Vita?
25 weeks 8 hours ago
- I agree with Mr. Nerney; it should be fine. If you run two anit-virus programs simultaneously, you are likely to get conflicts, but since Windows Defender is really anti-spyware, there shouldn't be a problem. I personally don't use avast! so I can't swear to it 100% though!
26 weeks 2 days ago
- TheCount answers Re: Does it still make sense for HP to re-enter the smartphone market, and how could they do it?I think Whitman walked back her position on reentering the smartphone market. From the latest I've read, HP doesn't expect to have anything in 2013, and she has been looking long term, with statements along the lines of, "if we don't have a smartphone in five years, we will be locked out of a huge segment of the population".
27 weeks 6 days ago
- Remember My Space, and how people would put music on their page that blared out whenever you visited their page? Do you ever thinking it was great to hear someone's chosen theme song every time you wanted to look at something? Yeah, neither did I.
30 weeks 3 days ago
- Printer manufacturers always warn against using refilled, third party ink cartridges. No surprise there. I've refilled my own printer cartridges for home use, and it seemed ok, but I'm not printing anywhere near the same volume that we do at work. If we can save some money at the office, I'm all for it, but I don't need any headaches.
32 weeks 2 days ago
- You need to have the latest iTunes update to the latest version of 10.5.1. After reboot, connect to your laptop and iTunes should have a pop up window that tells you there is an update for your phone. Close that and check your device on iTunes. There should be an OS update available to you there.
32 weeks 3 days ago
- Nope, and it doesn't take the place of one either. A firewall provides a much higher level of security.
33 weeks 15 hours ago
- My guess is that Mat Honen would concede that maybe Wozniak has a point. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118941-Hackers-Use-Amazon-to-C...
41 weeks 1 day ago
- TheCount asks Does the integration of Google Drive with Chrome OS make it a viable alternative to a traditional laptop?I see that Google is adding Drive integration to Chrome OS. One thing that seems significant to me is that you will be able to work with your Google Docs files offline, so that you are not out of luck when you have no internet connection to enable you to reach your cloud storage.
45 weeks 10 hours ago
46 weeks 6 days ago
- My wife accidentally deleted some files on her Mac and wants me to help her recover them. I'm a Windows user and I've used Recova in the past with some success on PCs, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about trying to undelete Mac files. What do Mac users suggest using for file recovery?
51 weeks 2 days ago
- Will there be anything that the average person will notice now that the acquisition of Motorola Mobility has been approved by essentially every relevant regulatory agency in the world? From what I understand, a lot of the reason for the purchase was to gain rights to patents owned by Motorola Mobility.
1 year 1 day ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.