- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: August 2011
Areas of Interest:
- I’m not certain I follow your question. Do you mean transfer photos from an iPad Air to a Mac? It should work exactly the same way as any other iPad, I assume, although since I don’t have an iPad Air I could be mistaken. Just use iPhoto. Don’t waste money on unnecessary 3rd party software.
6 weeks 4 days ago
- Being lighter would make it easier to hold over a long period of time, especially if, like me, you like to lie on your back in bed and hold your tablet in the air over your face while watching Netflix and reading. It might not hurt as much when you drop it on your face, which would be nice.
6 weeks 5 days ago
- What’s the best way to check to see if a power supply is good or not?
9 weeks 6 days ago
- The optical audio connection is sometimes dodgy on MacBooks. There is a microswitch that can fail, and unfortunately it gives a signal that the headphones are plugged in even when they are not.
10 weeks 5 days ago
- A lot of the “hacks” have involved lifting user fingerprints and making latex copies. Unless you are head of the NSA, I doubt most bad guys are going to have any desire to do that, or the know-how even if they did. Also, as flaws are identified, I would expect Apple to offer software updates to address them pretty quickly.
10 weeks 5 days ago
- No, the laptop will stop charging once the battery is fully charged. If you laptop gets hot during use, I suppose the heat could negatively affect battery life to some degree.
11 weeks 4 days ago
- TheCount asks If I own multiple web sites, should I link them all together, or will that actually hurt SEO?Is it a better practice to link all of your domains together, even if they are not really related, or not? I’m wondering if it would help or hurt for SEO purposes?
15 weeks 16 hours ago
- Well, an e-ink tablet uses very little power, so you don’t have to worry about charging it every night. It will also look much more similar to a traditional printed-on-paper page. Another advantage is that you can get a decent one for very little money.
15 weeks 5 days ago
- Is Apple’s Retina display still the best on tablets?
18 weeks 6 days ago
- I think three years is about the norm, but of course it varies widely, especially with smaller businesses. I was visiting a company recently, and I saw an IBM PC AT still being used in their warehouse, which blew my mind. It also can be a false savings to extend the replacement cycle too long.
19 weeks 5 days ago
- My parents live in an area with only dial-up internet access. When I was home last, I was looking at their PC and it doesn’t have a functioning firewall. Do they even need one using dial-up?
20 weeks 4 days ago
- I guess the closest thing would be their MSDN subscription, except that it is aimed more at developers and it costs $699 initially with a hefty $499 annual renewal fee. Not sure that it is worth it. Here is the LINK if you want to check it out.
21 weeks 4 days ago
- Open table in design view and click the field that you are having issues with. Click the Field Size box on the General tab, then click the down arrow at the end of the box to choose Decimal on the resulting drop down menu. Save the table, and it should no longer automatically round.
21 weeks 5 days ago
- There is a book, “Getting Started with Ardruino” that you might find useful. You can get if through Amazon (like pretty much everything else including Ardruinos). www.ardruino.cc also has a lot of information that can help you get started.
23 weeks 5 days ago
- I would aim for 45-65%. If you get much lower than that, it will not only cost you more money, it will make it ESD more likely (like when you shock your cat’s ear on a dry winter day). 65% should be low enough to keep risk of corrosion to a minimum.
23 weeks 5 days ago
- Assuming notafan’s method works, it still seems that it would make more sense to use videos that are current and recorded with Instagram in mind. I’m too lazy to go to much trouble for a 15 second video, and by “much,” I essentially mean “any.”
24 weeks 1 day ago
- Fundamentally Glass is a consumer oriented product. I know that there are some enterprise focused applications under development although I don’t recall many specifics. There are definitely some business related uses I can think of off the top of my head. Schematics could be viewable using glass while repairing electronic components.
24 weeks 1 day ago
- The scroll ball on my wired Mighty Mouse stopped moving up. It will move fine in all the other directions. Is there an easy way to fix this?
25 weeks 4 days ago
- Some e-reader apps will have a setting that allows you to do that within the app. You didn’t mention what version of Android your phone is, but with Android 4.0+ you can open your browser and go to SETTINGS>ACCESSABILITY. There is an option to check Inverted Rendering; do so and it will display the text white on a black background.
25 weeks 6 days ago
- Generally no, you can't recover something you have deleted, but many people actually archive things in Facebook by mistake instead of actually deleting them.
27 weeks 4 days ago
- It's actually called Device Firmware Update. Here is a step by step guide. It should be the same on the iPhone 4 as other iPhones. http://thebigboss.org/guides-iphone-ipod-ipad/dfu-mode
29 weeks 1 day ago
- I'm not sure what caused it to start popping up, but it's been somewhat "popular" over the past couple of months. I found an answer from Microsoft that should help you fix it.
30 weeks 1 hour ago
- If you use a Mac, you might also want to consider Pixelmator 2.2. At $15, it's cheaper than Photoshop, and is surprisingly powerful, while being easier to use than GIMP.
30 weeks 5 days ago
- Why are Lithium Ion batteries not available in standard sizes (AAA, AA , C, etc.)? If they are the best choice for things like cell phones and laptops, wouldn't they also be suitable for use in other "normal" devices?
34 weeks 23 hours ago
- TheCount answers Re: How will Yahoo's decision to end telecommuting affect wider adoption of the practice?I doubt it will have a major impact on other companies. There are a lot of different opinions about workers telecommuting already. I was reading Slate this morning, and there were two articles in the tech section.
40 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.