- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- Microsoft seems on the brink of announcing a major enhancement to its operating system lines, namely merging them into a single OS that could bring big benefits for corporate users.
1 day 17 hours ago
- The TOR Project thinks it has figured out how the author of a canceled Black Hat talk cracked its software to mask the source of Internet traffic, and it is working on a patch.
2 days 15 hours ago
- CEO Satya Nadella last week gave what amounted to a public tongue-lashing to Microsoft's 127,000 employees, which was followed up by an analyst's report that the company plans to announce layoffs of up to 10% of that number at its quarterly earnings report July 22.
1 week 3 days ago
- Microsoft is coming out with new hardware and cloud management features for its StorSimple hybrid storage offering that promises lower costs and better data protection.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Businesses that waited until the last minute to abandon Windows XP are now helping to flatten out the nosedive that saw PC sales drop off nearly 10% last year, Gartner says.
2 weeks 3 days ago
- Migrating to Microsoft's Office 365 from an on-premises Office suite requires help, experts say, in order to navigate the vagaries of moving apps smoothly to the cloud, a task made more challenging if the transition is from alternatives such as GroupWise and Lotus SmartSuite.
3 weeks 4 days ago
- Hint: Know those PowerShell commands.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- Quest's Migrator wasn't right, Bit Titan's Migrationwiz was.
5 weeks 2 days ago
- Saving about $2 million was the primary reason international business-facility management firm ABM decided to convert its virtual infrastructure from VMware's vSphere to Microsoft's Hyper-V, but that came only after a period of having Microsoft prove that its virtual environment was ready.
7 weeks 4 days ago
- The more languages it learns, the better it becomes at the ones it learned first, but no one knows why.
8 weeks 1 day ago
- Members of Reddit peppered Microsoft's Surface Team about its newly announced Surface Pro 3 tablet, including complaints about having to pay for the keyboard/cover separately.
8 weeks 2 days ago
- Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is apparently chasing ownership of the L.A. Clippers in earnest, reportedly meeting yesterday with Shelly Sterling, who's running the team since her husband, Donald, was banned from the NBA.
8 weeks 2 days ago
- Microsoft showed off new Office features at TechEd 2014, but some of them will never be available to customers who don't embrace the cloud version of the software suite, Office 365, and the company will take its time bringing others to market for Office Server users.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- Microsoft is issuing the second critical patch this month for Internet Explorer, but this time won't stray from its dictum not to support versions that run with Windows XP.
10 weeks 6 days ago
- Microsoft is putting makers of downloader software on notice when it sees that their products are being used to infect PCs, and it is telling anti-virus vendors that perhaps these downloader programs ought to be tagged as malware.
11 weeks 1 day ago
- The long rumored Surface Mini Windows RT 8.1 tablet may finally make an appearance May 20 at a press event in New York City.
11 weeks 2 days ago
- Despite a known browser vulnerability and lacking security support, Windows XP remains the second most popular PC operating system, according to NetApplications.
12 weeks 16 hours ago
- HP is introducing a service that correlates security events to their likely impact on business goals with the objective of helping IT security pros jump on the most dangerous threats sooner.
12 weeks 16 hours ago
- China is working on a Linux operating system that can replace the now-vulnerable Windows XP and protect the country's networking infrastructure.
13 weeks 1 day ago
- Tim Greene wrote Patch Tuesday: Final Microsoft support for Windows XP addresses Internet Explorer problemsMicrosoft's final patches for Windows XP that come out next week focus on critical problems with older versions of Internet Explorer that can result in malicious code being run remotely on victim machines.
16 weeks 7 hours ago
- Expert: It might make sense to help reluctant users to upgrade to something newer and more secure.
16 weeks 3 days ago
- Office for the iPad is available, but it might not be what you were expecting.
16 weeks 6 days ago
- Tim Greene wrote Businesses: Forget Microsoft Office for iPad, pay attention to Enterprise Mobility SuiteWhile Microsoft's Office for iPad announcement caught most of the buzz, another announcement arguably has as much significance for businesses: Enterprise Mobility Suite.
17 weeks 15 hours ago
- Microsoft gives potential customers the chance to test drive some of its most popular software and services via free trials that ultimately make for better buying decisions.
17 weeks 2 days ago
- Carlo's Bakery knew that in order to get ready for some rapid expansion it needed to upgrade its traditional PBX. And replacing it with a unified communications system brought new options ranging from video cake consulting to in-queue sales when the line of customers backs out the door onto the sidewalk.
18 weeks 1 day ago
- 1 of 9
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.