- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: September 2012
Bio: Timothy Tanner Social Networking and Channel Sales Consultant My network presence throughout the internet: http://xeeme.com/timothytanner I tweet about social media and technology as @Timothy_says I usually follow back. Examples of companies worked with in permanent, contract and consulting roles: IBM, HP, Motorola, Sharp, Northeastern University and KForce. I combine my extensive experience in Social Media and High Tech to develop dynamic channel sales teams and programs. Founder of the "Semper Paratus!" group on LinkedIn. Also a LinkedIn Lion with thousands of business connections throughout the world. Join me on LinkedIn.com http://linkedin.com/in/timothytanner
- I’ve been in IT for about four years as an individual contributor and would like to be a CIO one day. How do I get there?
4 days 16 hours ago
- Help! My resume looks great, my job experience is right on target, and I have great references. My problem is whenever I do a phone-based interview or job screening, they never call me back. How can I improve my phone-based interviews?
2 weeks 7 hours ago
- My daughter just graduated college with a degree in Computer Science and landed a job with an insurance company in their IT department. What makes an IT person successful?
2 weeks 4 days ago
- I am an accountant with over eight years experience in banking financial control and wish to change my career and move into IT. I just do not know exactly where to begin the journey.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- I am going to lightly lay some Pro Tips on you and your phone talking. Fear not: they are real tips, based on actual fixes.
3 weeks 4 days ago
- I have been an individual contributor for almost five years and would like to become a manager. What class should I take to get the management skills I need to be promoted?
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Don't lose sight of another reason to try out DuckDuckGo on your iPhone or iPad: it is a really smart search engine that wants to save you time.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- I recently graduated from a technical school with the goal of changing careers and entering the IT field. I have a little IT professional experience and my A+ certification. Any tips on finding a job?
5 weeks 4 days ago
- The entirety of calorie counting is a really, really rough estimated science. And it hasn't changed that much in more than 100 years.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- The combination of programming and database skills are not only a wonderful combination from a software development perspective, it also has the potential to pivot you into other technical areas.
6 weeks 4 days ago
- Lux is an app that remembers just how bright you actually need your phone to be to see the screen. It saves you serious battery life in the long haul.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- I had the incredible pleasure of speaking with AARP CIO Terry Bradwell. From a CIO’s perspective, he is living the dream and, in my eyes, is a role model for all IT professionals, from the newest intern to the most experienced CIO. This is what he said and how it can help you in your career.
7 weeks 3 days ago
- Phones are getting harder, but not necessarily tougher. What that means, exactly, explained here.
8 weeks 1 day ago
- I have a BS in IT Engineering, my CCNA certification, and am currently studying for my CCNP. I’m also in a post graduate program in network engineering. My graduate classes seem out of date and boring. I don’t have time to do both, should I prepare for the CCNP exam or continue my university studies?
8 weeks 4 days ago
- The Lantronix xPrintServer Cloud Edition can turn many, many wireless and USB printers into Cloud-Print-ready printers.
9 weeks 1 day ago
- I have been working on the Help Desk for about five years. I’d like to expand my skills and have been thinking about learning more about supporting mobile devices. Do you think this is a good idea? If yes, what should I learn?
9 weeks 5 days ago
- I have dug deep through IFTTT's shared recipes and other nerdy parts of the web to return with the most useful Android-ready setups.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- Great IT Client service is much more than just fixing someone’s PC, writing the software they specifically request, flawlessly execute nightly production, and/or provide a stable general computing environment. These are, of course, incredibly important and the basis of IT’s value to the organization, but they are not the whole story.
10 weeks 5 days ago
- Make your phone do convenient, geek-approved things when tapped on NFC tags: in your car, on your bike, by your bed. It's really cheap fun.
11 weeks 1 day ago
- As the worlds of IT and business continue to converge, the more important it becomes to provide quality client service.
11 weeks 4 days ago
- Official answer 1: Nothing! Official answer 2: Geo-map games! People's answers: more than you can imagine.
12 weeks 1 day ago
- Here are some of the apps and tools I would recommend trying out if you want to try making your phone conscious of your driving.
12 weeks 3 days ago
- Help! I’m a talented programmer with great experience and a good professional track record. I’ve also been job hunting for months and still can’t find a job. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
12 weeks 4 days ago
- If modern smartphones are all about making our lives easier, why don't they try harder at keeping us from using them while driving?
13 weeks 1 day ago
- Mentors can help navigate the professional as well as the technical side of an IT career.
13 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 16